As the world’s number 1 job site, our mission is to help people get jobs. We need talented, passionate people working together to make this happen. We are looking to grow our teams with people whoshare our energy and enthusiasm for creating the bestexperiencefor job seekers.
We are a rapidly growing and highly capableengineering team building the most popular job site on the planet. Every month, over200 million people count on us to help them find jobs, publish their resumes, process their job applications, and connect them to qualified candidates for their job openings. Withengineeringhubs in Seattle, San Francisco, Austin, Tokyo and Hyderabad, we are improving people's lives all around the world, one job at a time.
As a Data Engineer at Indeed, your role is to deliver the information your business partners need to grow the business. You will assist business teams in drawing insights from our data. You are someone who wants to see the impact of their work and make a difference every day. You know what it takes to deliver quality reporting and business intelligence solutions to the organization. You understand the value and benefit of solid data practices and how to translate that into satisfied business partners.
You are an experienced Software Engineer. You are skilled in extracting, transforming, and loading data. You are able to translate business requests into database design. You have experience working with relational databases for the purpose of generating Tableau data sources.
You are someone who is passionate about data-driven approaches. You enjoy exploring large data sets and get excited about learning new technologies and learning in a collaborative environment. You are skilled at eliciting requirements from a wide range of different teams.
What you’ll do:
- Create and manage data sources
- Integrate with diverse APIs
- Contribute to the ongoing development of the data warehouse ecosystem
- Work closely with stakeholders on the data demand side (finance, analysts, and data scientists)
- Work closely with stakeholders on the data supply side (domain experts on source systems of the data)
- Build self-monitoring, robust, scalable interfaces and data pipelines for 24/7 global operations.
- Design and build optimized OLAP and Star Schema data structures
- Create highly reusable code modules and packages that can be leveraged across the data pipeline
- Develop and maintain data dictionary for published data sources
- Develop and improve continuous release and testing processes
- Elicit requirements from a wide range of different teams
What we need from you: (requirements)
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, computer engineering, or an engineering discipline
- 5+ years industry experience in software development and/or data engineering
- Strong CS fundamentals and problem-solving skills
- Strong software engineering skills
- Expertise in an object oriented language (preferably Python or Java)
- Ability to communicate effectively with stakeholders to define requirements
- Strong SQL skills,
- Familiarity working with relational databases
- Familiarity with RESTful APIs
- Ability to identify and resolve performance issues
Nice to have:
- Experience in corporate Data Engineering
- Experience with Hadoop, Spark, and/or Scala
- Experience in columnar data stores or NoSQL technologies