If you want to make a positive difference and stand out from the crowd, you’ll fit in at The Standard (www.standard.com). Through our retirement plans and insurance products and services, we help people achieve financial well-being and peace of mind. Come join us and share our passion for serving our customers in a positively different way.
We’re looking for an amazing senior data engineer to join our talented enterprise data engineering team based in Portland, Oregon. Our team is responsible for a mature on premise data warehouse utilizing the MSBI technology stack of SQL Server, SSIS, SSAS (Tabular and MDX), SSRS, and Power BI and we are in the early stages of a fast-paced integration of Azure data services which include Data Factory, Data Lake Store/ Blob, Function Apps, HDI, Spark, Databricks, PolyBase, SQL/ and SQL Datawarehouse. We will continue to harden our MSBI stack while we integrate and operationalize Azure services and transform our workloads and the speed at which we are able to deliver solutions to business partners.
This key data engineering role will be critical to our success in maintaining our existing MSBI stack of database, ETL, and data warehouses and in integrating the Azure data services. We are looking for a well-rounded candidate with experience with big data technologies, cloud platforms - Azure experience highly preferred and an extensive background with traditional ETL, relational databasearchitecture, and data warehouses are large plusses.
What You’ll Bring
- Our data engineers must be at the top of their game in data engineering, thrive in a collaborative team environment and enjoy working directly with our business partners.
- Ability to profile data, understand and improve data quality, and bring best practices in data management to our business partners.
- Develop data storage and modeling solutions using tools such as SQL Server, Azure SQL Data Warehouse, Azure Data Lake, and Hadoop
- Engineer data pipelines using ETL tools including SSIS, Azure Data Factory, Integration Runtimes, U-SQL, and PolyBase
- Spark – how to work with RDDs and Data Frames (emphasis on Data Frames) to query and perform data manipulation.
- Deliver data to end user using tools such as SSAS Tabular models and downstream applications and REST Services. Experience with SSRS and Power BI a plus.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Math, Information Systems or similar technical field of study.
What The Standard Offers
- An opportunity to join an amazing team of talented data engineers responsible for modernizing our enterprise data platform.
- A world-class location in the heart of downtown Portland, Oregon – One of today’s most vibrant cities. The Standard’s campus is located only a few blocks from the vibrant waterfront and surrounded by food carts, breweries, restaurants, and an eclectic mix of local shopping.
- Exercise facilities with locker rooms and showers, bike lockers, and access to almost every transit line within a block.
- Competitive salary and benefits including health, dental, vision, and 401(k) with company match as well as pre-tax flexible spending accounts to pay for dependent care as well as commute expenses.