Ultimate Software is seeking a Data Engineer to join the Data Engineering team. This team is responsible for the Enterprise Data Warehouse that supports internal reporting and analysis. The team is involved in all aspects of Enterprise Information Management. In this role, you will develop innovative data solutions utilizing a variety of database tools, which provide analysis, reporting and integration solutions. You will be responsible for database development, BI development, ETL development, API data integrations, ETL quality and alerting.
Here at Ultimate Software, we truly put our people first. We strongly believe in teamwork, and we encourage and trust our people to reach higher, learn more, and live up to their potential. Ultimate is ranked #1 on Fortune's Best Places to Work in Technology for 2019 and #8 on the 100 Best Companies to Work For list in 2019. Ultimate is also ranked #1 on Fortune's 75 Best Workplaces for Women and #5 on its Best Workplaces for Diversity list.
Primary/Essential Duties and Key Responsibilities:
- Design, develop and support all database objects and processes required for reporting, integrations and ETL.
- Perform data analysis and propose and ensure transformation covers all data possibilities including managing data anomalies.
- Implement processes to ensure data quality in the database systems.
- Perform relational and multidimensional modeling and schema creation.
- Lead EIM related architecture discussions, including those on advanced data analytics, and recommend BI strategies and implementations based on business needs.
- Mentor and educate technical and non-technical business users and peers regarding EIM development methodologies, best practices and tools. Perform comprehensive code reviews and give constructive feedback based on findings.
- Analyze, recommend, and implement EIM tools.
- Define EIM development methodologies, coding standards and best practices.
- Provide in-depth troubleshooting skills to assist in resolving errors and performance issues including tier 2 production support.
- Engage in conversations with internal users to understand their line of business.
- Comply with internal development coding standards, procedural guides, and checklists for the support of the database systems.
- Maintain confidentiality of all data.
- Focus on performance tuning, optimization and scalability to ensure efficiency in the environment.
- Design, implement, lead and manage large-scale, enterprise-wide and complex projects.
- 6+ years writing T-SQL
- 2+ years EIM development experience
- Advanced knowledge of relational database systems such as Microsoft SQL Server
- Advanced experience using Microsoft SQL Server, SSRS, SSAS, SSIS, Visual Studio
- Advanced experience using data warehouse development, integration, analysis and reporting tools
- Experience with TFS and JIRA.
- Experience with integrating third party applications.
- Experience with Accounting/Financial applications and principles
- Have a broad range of knowledge across Big Data, Azure, Data Vault, Tableau and other emerging technologies.
- Bachelor's Degree in Information Systems or related discipline preferred.