Data Engineer II / III
5 - 7 years experience • Professional, Scientific & Technical Services
A Data Engineer II is responsible for coding and continuous testing of complex modules and applications in support of the TeleTracking platform. This role will also be charged with understanding and interpreting requirements to contribute to the technical architecture and the associated design documents.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Writing, debugging, unit testing, and performance test code in the data access layer in accordance with TeleTracking standards.
- As an agile team member, participate in code reviews, design reviews, etc.
- Utilize domain driven techniques and design patterns to build and contribute to technical design.
- Develop and maintain strong knowledge of implemented requirements and detailed application behaviors.
- Assists in the development and training of SE I.
- Bachelor's computer information technology, computer science, management required
- Master's preferred
- 5+ years of experience in a cloud computing environment.
- Strong understanding and familiarity working in the Linux operating environment.
- Familiarity and experience executing several software development methodologies and life cycles preferred.
- 5+ years of developing software using object-oriented or functional language experience
5+ years of SQL
- 3+ years working with open source Big Data technology stacks (Apache Nifi, Spark, Kafka, HBase, Hadoop/HDFS, Hive, Drill, Pig, etc.) or commercial open source Big Data technology stacks (Hortonworks, Cloudera, etc.)
- 3+ years with document databases (e.g. MongoDB, Accumulo, etc.)
3+ years of experience using Agile development processes (e.g. developing and estimating user stories, sprint planning, sprint retrospectives, etc.)
- 2+ years of distributed version control system (e.g. git)
3+ years of experience in cloud-based development and delivery
- Familiarity with distributed computing patterns, techniques, and technologies (e.g. ESB)
Familiarity with continuous delivery technologies (e.g. Puppet, Chef, Ansible, Docker, Vagrant, etc.)
- Familiarity with build automation and continuous integration tools (e.g. Maven, Jenkins, Bamboo, etc.)
- Familiarity with Agile process management tools (e.g. Atlassian Jira)
- Familiarity with test automation (Selenium, SoapUI, etc.)
- Good software development and Object Oriented programming skills.
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to work with end users to transform requests into robust solutions.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Initiative and self-motivation to work independently on projects.