Summary: The Data Engineer I’s role is to define, develop, test, analyze, and maintain ETL solutions in support of the achievement of business requirements. They will work with the data architecture team designing the ETL process and exception handling. This position will also be responsible for ensuring data governance practices and data quality are followed.
Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Develops and tests extraction, transformation, cleansing, and load (ETL) processes;
- Adapts ETL processes to accommodate changes in source systems and new business requirements
- Maintain and enhance existing ETL, and cleansing processes to improve efficiency
- Assist with ongoing maintenance and organization of the ETL repositories and metadata
- Manage ETL defects, enhancements, and new functionality requests to meet changes in the business needs
- Assist Quality Assurance teams in developing test scripts and test plans for validating the quality/integrity of loaded data
- Provide post-conversion/post-migration support and perform functional/data discrepancy analysis as needed
- Document all processes and mappings related to ETL work and follow development best practices as adopted by the Data Architecture team.
- Participate in code reviews, software releases, and system upgrades
- Has knowledge of commonly-used concepts, practices, and procedures within data and programming fields.
- Working towards understanding of pharmacy business strategy and how that relates to software solutions.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Bachelor's degree (B. A. / B. S.) from four-year college or university; minimum two years related experience in an ETL environment; data integration and EDW design skills in a SQL Server environment. Knowledge of analytics and integration tooling required.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are a representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Ability to comprehend and apply principles of modern algebra while analyzing data and generating reports.
Ability to apply principles of logical thinking to a wide range of intellectual and practical problems.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Microsoft products and programming skills in languages and frameworks as mentioned. Individual should be familiar with SQL Server, Oracle, Talend, source control tools such as GIT or Subversion, JIRA, and ServiceNow.
Knowledge, Skills and Other Abilities:
- Time management
- Oral and written communication skills
- Ability to be proficient with technologies used at Diplomat Pharmacy, Inc.
- Analytical skills
- Problem solving skills
- Organizational skills
- Ability to have a positive work attitude
- Ability to learn and grow in the position
- Detail oriented
- Ability to multi-task
- Experience with relational and non-relational databases, both logical and physical
- Experience in data analysis, defect identification and resolution
- Proficient with ETL processes, including ability to design and develop mappings, workflows and identify areas of optimization
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to walk; sit and use hands. The employee is occasionally required to stand.