We're on a mission to empower people to live happy, healthy lives. We're a wellness brand with values rooted in consciousness, community, transparency, and design. Every day and in every way, we hold ourselves to an Honest standard. We believe that it is our responsibility to do our part to help create a healthy and sustainable future for all.
The Honest Company is looking for a Data Engineer to join our dynamic Technology team! We are looking for someone who is excited about driving business transformation through data, and building robust, reliable, and fault-tolerant data infrastructure. If you are a passionate, eager engineer who is looking to further develop their skills in data engineering and infrastructure, we want to chat with you!
What you’ll do:
- Support the Honest data warehouse and infrastructure
- Build operational data flows and infrastructure - integrations running our day-to-day business operations, build new data integrations via Mulesoft and Talend to support business needs
- Build data quality monitoring and reliability alerts and metrics to meet business SLAs
- Intimately understand company’s data and operating models - work directly with business stakeholders to build out and troubleshoot data gaps and problems
- Work with a variety of data sources and destinations: DOMO, Amazon Redshift, MySQL, S3, Box, APIs, sftp drops etc. to support operations and business intelligence
You'll love this job if you're:
- A strong communicator and collaborator. You work effectively with all members of the organization, from individual contributors on cross-functional teams to top execs.
- An exceptional multi-tasker. You’re quick, organized, and you work with a sense of urgency.
- Driven by details. You’re meticulous, thorough, and enjoy being extra-precise, especially when it comes to digging into legacy infrastructure.
- Quick on your feet! When problems arise, you reliably produce responses and solutions with speed, but are not afraid to ask for help and clarification.
- Flexible. You can change direction quickly and easily adapt to curveballs.
- A confident, dynamic team player. You’ll build strong relationships throughout the organization.
- Adaptable and ambitious. You will enthusiastically take on other assignments as needed to support your team!
What you'll need:
- Bachelor’s degree
- 2+ years experience in a Data Engineering role
- Experience with SQL - MySQL, Redshift, Postgres and Oracle
- Familiarity with Python and Java
- Proven experience in designing, building and maintaining data pipelines and ETL processes
- Proven experience building and tuning Data Warehouses, OLAP databases, preferably Amazon Redshift
- Ability and willingness to quickly troubleshoot and debug data deficiencies
- Proven ability to implement and follow standard SDLC principles in Data Engineering
- Experience with visualization frameworks, such as Domo or Tableau
Bonus points for:
- Experience in omni-channel CPG industry
- Experience with ERP data models, particularly JD Edwards
- Prior experienceworking with Talend
- Experience working/managing data infrastructure using AWS technologies (ERM, Redshift, S3, etc)
- Experience with Airflow, Mulesoft, Mongo, Cassandra, Hive, Maxwell, Spark, EMR, Hadoop, S3, Kafka and related data technologies