At HealthPartners, you’ll find a culture where we live our values of excellence, compassion, integrity and most importantly, partnership. By working together, we will improve health and well-being, create exceptional experiences for those we serve and make care and coverage more affordable.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Data Engineer. This role is tasked with working hands-on with the Enterprise Information Management (EIM) team, in partnership with the Health Informatics team, to successfully plan, build and implement a modern data management strategy following Data Ops principles.
- BA/BS in computer science, data science, management information systems, mathematics, statistics, health care management, business, economics, finance or related field.
- A minimum of 7 years of direct experience working on the development of complex data design / architecture for decision support.
- Must have familiarity with event-driven architecture and messaging platforms.
- Strong knowledge of Oracle, SQL, ETL, DataStage, rules engines, stream-processing platforms such as Kafka.
- Strong knowledge of data analysis and statistical tools such as SAS and R.
- Working knowledge of data lake technology including HDFS, Hive, Impala, Python, Spark, Scala, and Nifi.
- Must have hands-on experience with SQL and Oracle.
- Ability to coordinate projects from the concept stage to completion, leading cross functional teams as an active contributor.
- Must have experience working in an enterprise environment, effectively communicating and working across multiple business teams.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to work effectively in a collaborative agile environment.
- Strong understanding of industry privacy and security standards.
- Master’s degree in computer science, management information systems, data science, mathematics, statistics, health care management, business, economics, finance or related field.
- Good working knowledge of medical terminology, medical billing (or claims), and medical coding systems: ICD-10, CPT4, DRG, GPI.
- 5+ years of experience in health care and/or health research settings, working with health care claims and / or patient data.
- Agile experience, Scrum and Kanban preferred
- Familiarity with relational and non-relational database technologies.
- Familiarity with Web Services, SQL, Java, and other technologies.
- Familiarity with DevOps and DataOps principles
- Define and help successfully plan, build and implement a ‘publish/subscribe’ messaging platform to build out a resilient and scalable event driven architecture that will ultimately be used across the organization.
- Develop guidelines and patterns for usage of data streaming, data virtualization, change data capture and direct data access accounting for various use cases ranging from real time data needs to legacy more static data warehouse architecture and techniques.
- Effectively work with teams across multiple lines of business to examine and identify database structural and functional needs by evaluating their operations, applications, and programming.
- Lead our teams towards master data management to solve for the following use case: identifying the source of truth/system of record for core data elements such as contacts (i.e. email address) and how to keep them in sync on a timely basis.
- Help our teams identify and solve for other use cases as needed.
- Prepare accurate database design and architectural diagrams for management and executive teams.
- Present solutions and cost estimates to stakeholders, working with them to build a delivery approach and timeline for implementation.
- Coordinate and work closely with IS&T teams to define and document a comprehensive and coherent summary of the current-state data architecture and it’s dependencies across business platforms, assessing opportunities for improvement.
- Evaluate business needs to help define data solutions, preparing design reports and manage the implementation of agreed upon solutions.
- Collaborate closely with analysts, architects, and engineers on our agile team, as well as other teams and in other disciplines.
- Inventory existing data assets and organizational needs and use cases for future applications