Job Duties & Responsibilities:
As a Data Engineer, you will be responsible for working with data scientists and data architects to create efficient transformations on top of Spark/Hadoop and will have the opportunity to learn new bleeding edge technologies.
This position requires a strong foundation of technical skills, ability to learn new technologies, good communication skills, attention to details, and a commitment to continuous learning.
Ready to make an impact? If so, do you meet these qualifications?
- 3 years of hands-on experience in Hadoop Eco System (HDFS AND YARN AND MapReduce AND Oozie AND Hive)
- 1 year of hands-on experience in Spark core AND Spark SQL
- 5 years of hands-on programming experience in either core Java OR Spark
- 3 years of hands-on experience in Data Warehousing AND Data Marts AND Data/Dimensional Modeling AND ETL
- 1 years of hands-on experience in HBase OR Cassandra OR any other NoSQL DB
- Understanding of Distributed computing design patterns AND algorithms AND data structures AND security protocols
- Understanding of Kafka AND Spark Streaming
- Experience in any one of the ETL tools such as Talend, Kettle, Informatica OR Ab Initio
- Exposure to Hadoop OR NoSQL performance optimization and benchmarking using tools such as HiBench OR YCSB
- Experience in performance monitoring tools such as Ganglia OR Nagios OR Splunk OR DynaTrace
- Experience on continuous build and test process using tools such as Maven AND Jenkins
- Certification in HortonWorks OR Cloudera preferred .