Data Engineer, Gartner Digital Markets
Gartner Digital Markets is an innovative web-focused business that provides demand generation services for the software industry. We’re looking for an experienced Data Engineer with a strong technical and analytical background, to help convert our substantial data assets (spanning three websites, millions of unique visitors per month, and +40,000 listed software products) into value added offerings for our clients and consumers. As a Gartner company, Digital Markets can offer you the benefits of a fast-paced entrepreneurial workplace and the professional growth opportunities of a global organization.
- Establish frameworks for quickly rolling out new data analysis for standalone data-driven products and service to support our network of sites.
- Have end-to-end responsibility for leading projects focused on extracting, merging, analyzing and managing large sets of data across multiple, disparate databases
- Be able to transform unstructured raw data in to formats suitable for modeling
- Apply statistical and advanced techniques (e.g. segmentation, machine learning) to develop both prototypes and scalable (i.e. efficient, automated) data analyses
- Demonstrate a deep knowledge of, and ability to operationalize, leading data technologies and best practices
- Be responsible for maintaining analytics plans, clean code, and well-written documentation
- Be able to work in teams and collaborate with stakeholders to define requirements
- Make decisions independently on analytical problems and methods
- Be able to identify and suggest novel areas of future work for themselves or the team
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Applied Statistics, or a related field 2+ years of data engineering or other data-intensive development experience
- Experience processing large amounts of structured and unstructured data Advanced knowledge of programming languages such as Python, Java, C/C++ or C#
- Experience building scalable data models and performing complex relational databases queries using SQL (Oracle, MySQL), R, etc.
- Familiarity and experience with web analytics tools (e.g. Google Analytics, etc.)
- Deep knowledge of algorithms and statistics and at least some experience in data mining, machine learning, and/or natural language processing
- Attention to detail and demonstrated ability to detect and resolve data/analytics quality issues
Job ID 00017587