As a Data Engineer, you will be responsible for expanding and optimizing data, the data pipeline architecture, the data flow and collection for cross functional teams. You are an experienced data pipeline builder and data wrangler who enjoys optimizing data systems and building them from the ground up. As a crucial part of the business, you will guide and support our software developers, database architects, data analysts, and data scientists on business initiatives while ensuring optimal data delivery architecture is consistent. Whether it’s working on a solo project or with the team, you are self-directed and comfortable supporting the data needs of multiple teams, systems, and products.
If you’re excited about the prospect of optimizing (or even re-designing!) our company’s data architecture to support our next generation of products and data initiatives, send us your resume and cover letter to apply!
- Create and maintain optimal data pipeline architecture.
- Assemble large, complex data sets that meet functional / non-functional business requirements.
- Identify, design, and implement internal process improvements: automating manual processes, optimizing data delivery, and re-designing infrastructure for greater scalability.
- Build the infrastructure required for optimal extraction, transformation, and loading of data from a wide variety of data sources using SQL.
- Build analytics tools that utilize the data pipeline to provide actionable insights into customer acquisition, operational efficiency, and other key business performance metrics.
- Work with stakeholders including the Executive, Product, Data and Design teams to assist with data-related technical issues and support their data infrastructure needs.
- Create data tools for analytics and data scientist team members that assist them in building and optimizing our product into an innovative industry leader.
- Work with data and analytics experts to strive for greater functionality in our data systems.
- Advanced working SQL knowledge and experience working with relational databases, query authoring (SQL) as well as working familiarity with a variety of databases.
- Experience building and optimizing ‘Big Data’ data pipelines, architectures, and data sets.
- Experience performing root cause analysis on internal and external data and processes to answer specific business questions and identify opportunities for improvement.
- Strong analytical skills and detailed oriented.
- Build processes supporting data transformation, data structures, metadata, dependency and workload management.
- A successful history of manipulating, processing and extracting value from large disconnected datasets.
- Strong project management and organizational skills.
- Experience supporting and working with cross-functional teams in a dynamic environment.
- Ability to work with stakeholders to translate business requirements into technical requirements.
We are looking for a candidate with 2+ years of experience in a Data Engineer role. They should also have experience using the following software/tools:
- Experience with relational SQL databases.
- Experience with some cloud services like Azure and AWS.
- Experience with object-oriented/object function scripting languages like Python.
- Experience with streaming tools like Kafka/Kinesis and Spark Structured Streaming a plus.
- Experience with serverless technologies like AWS Lambda a plus.
- Experience working with or understanding formal ETL tools like SSIS a plus.