The Richmond Fed is the proud home of the Federal Reserve’s National IT organization—a nationwide team delivering technology solutions and support across the Federal Reserve System. Many National IT employees are located in Richmond, while others are based across the U.S. at other Federal locations.
When you join our team, you’ll become part of a culture that welcomes differences, cares about our communities, and empowers each other to lead from where we are to make things better.
Bring your passion and we’ll provide challenging and purposeful careers in a variety of fields, opportunities to grow and a wide range of benefits and perks that support your health and wealth. It’s all part of what makes #MyRichmondFed a great place to work!
About the Opportunity
Are you passionate about solving problems, working with people of all backgrounds in a fast pace agile environment? We are looking for a Data Engineer to join our team and help transform the way we build and deliver our applications.
As a Data Engineer, you will analyze and investigate data, generate dashboards and reports using Tableau, participate in web development and partner with business lines to ensure the data is consistent and accurate.
What You Will Do:
- Develop data solutions in a distributed system/Cloud environment using BIG data technologies (i.e. RDS, Spark, EMR, Lambda and Redshift, etc.).
- Develop reporting solutions in a distributed environment using Tableau, Quick Sight, and Office based products.
- Investigate and advise on data quality and ways to improve system reliability and performance.
- Troubleshoot data related issues, manipulate data, and provide reports/dashboards using Excel and Tableau.
- Work closely with business users and understand and translate the business requirements (epics, stories, and tasks) into functional, dynamic websites.
- Participate in planning and effort estimation; estimate the workload and review dependencies.
- Implement CI/CD pipeline and release software as per established practices.
- Experience with RDBMS, relational SQL, and NoSQL databases.
- Experience with AWS cloud services: EC2, S3, RDS, Redshift, Security services, audit services etc.
- Knowledge in CI/CD pipeline.
- Must be self-directed and comfortable supporting the data needs.
- Experience in manipulating and communicating data and reporting in Excel, PowerPoint, and Tableau.
- Experience in web design and web development.
- Working experience in Agile development methodologies.
- Excellent interpersonal, negotiation, creativity, attention to detail, and oral and written communications skills.
- Bachelor’s degree with a major or specialized course in Information Technology or equivalent experience.
- 3+ years of related work experience.
Discover the Reason Why So Many People Love It Here!
When you join Federal Reserve’s National IT organization, not only will you find a challenging and purposeful career, you’ll also have access to a wide range of benefits and perks that support your health and wealth, including:
- Great medical benefits
- Pension and 401(k) with employer match
- Generous paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement
- Employee resource networks
- Paid volunteer leave
- Flexible work options
- Onsite amenities that make working here fun
Other Requirements and Considerations:
- Candidates should review the Bank’s Employee Code of Conduct to ensure compliance with conflict of interest rules and personal investment restrictions.
- Sponsorship is not available for this role.
- Selected candidate is subject to special background check procedures.
- Salary offered will be based on the job responsibilities and the individual’s knowledge, skills, and experience as defined in the job qualifications/experience.
The Federal Reserve Bank of Richmond provides equal opportunity to all individuals without regard to race, sex, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, or genetic information.