Reporting to AE's Data Manager, this role offers tremendous scope for an entrepreneurial Data Engineer to make a significant contribution to alpha generation across our world class investment teams. You will be working with a team that shares your passion for data and its potential to positively transform the investment landscape.
The Data Engineer will help build and manage data feeds to support analysis of stocks, sectors and themes across regions. You will be part of a team responsible for a large and important part of the data lifecycle, from scoping and ongoing quality control to maintenance of data sources. You will also help promote and maintain a culture of utilizing best-in-class methodologies and tools in executing assignments.
Key responsibilities of the role include:
- Create and implement data engineering solutions using modern software engineering practices
- Design and develop data models
- Codify best practices for future reuse in the form of accessible, reusable patterns, templates, and code bases
- Administer entitlements and quota policies on AE's cloud platform
- Perform analysis on data to help identify key signals and anomalies
- Work and communicate effectively with Investors, IT professionals, and other colleagues
- Keep up to date with latest ETL and monitoring tools
- Ideally, 1-2 years' experience in a data-centric team or organization
- Good analytical, programming and problem solving skills
- Demonstrable knowledge of ETL techniques and processes
- Experience working with APIs and web services
- High level of comfort managing structured and unstructured data as well as non-textual data such as geolocation and graphical information sets
- Experience in working on projects within GCP Cloud platform highly advantageous.
- Experience in administrating cloud via IAM and other tools desirable.
- Exposure to financial services advantageous, preferably buy side investment / research environment.
Skills required include:
- Excellent knowledge of languages like Java, Python, Bash, and SQL
- Comfort with ETL methodologies and tools
- Ability to identify patterns and anomalies in large datasets
- Good understanding of UNIX/LINUX environments.
- Database experience (SQL, DDL/DML, performance tuning, data modelling).
- Ability to work efficiently in a fast-paced environment on multiple concurrent projects
- Experience in working with relational and non-relational databases
Other personal characteristics
- Unquestioned integrity and the highest ethical standards
- Work independently and to exercise discretion, initiative, and judgment
- High learning agility
- Introspective and self-aware
- Not afraid of failure and demonstrated ability to learn from past experience
- Perform diverse and complex tasks with accuracy and attention to detail.
- Communicate effectively both verbally and in writing, particularly with global colleagues.
- A built-in drive to achieve superior results under tight timelines
- An 'engineering' mind-set, willing to make rapid, pragmatic decisions to improve performance, accelerate progress or magnify impact