Responsible for developing and implementing technical solutions that support corporate analytics objectives. Designs, builds and implements data pipelines and repositories under the direction of Principal or Senior Data Engineers. Maintains and supports existing solutions and software.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Database Design and Performance
- With oversight from more senior Data Engineers, designs and develops analytic data repositories (data warehouse, data marts, data lakes).
- Implements and maintains database security in accordance with Security policies.
- ETL/ELT Design and Development
- With oversight from more senior Data Engineers, designs and develops ETL/ELT processes to acquire, manipulate and store data.
- Tests and documents programs according to team standards.
- Prepares ETL/ELT solutions for deployment following established change management guidelines.
- BI Technology Management and Interoperability
- Implements new or upgrades existing analytics software and servers with support of more senior Data Engineers.
- Troubleshoots moderately complex technical issues and resolves problems related to analytics tools.
- Keeps abreast of new features available in the team’s chosen set of databases and analytics tools.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
Required Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Computer Science/Engineering, Information Systems, or relevant course of study or commensurate experience
- 3+ years of programming experience with a solid background in software development life cycle practices
- 3+ years of experience writing and tuning SQL queries and stored procedures
- Solid understanding of data warehouse architectures and ETL/ELT processes.
Preferred Education and/or Experience:
- 3+ years of experience working with healthcare data and has an understanding of clinical workflows and billing practices
- Exposure to Agile/Scrum development methodologies
- Experience working with the following tools/technologies:
- Epic – Caboodle Development and Administration
- Microsoft SQL Server DBMS
- ETL Software (SSIS, Informatica, others)
- Source Code Repositories (TFS, Git, others)
- Microsoft Power BI, SSAS, SSRS, Tableau
- Data Lake architecture and cloud data platforms
- 3+ Years of relevant experience.
- SQL Server (DBMS/SSIS)
- Epic Caboodle Development and Administration