At Hasbro, we're changing the face of play and entertainment. We're looking for people who want to explore, experiment and innovate to come up with the best ideas. Our culture of Community, Passion, Integrity, Creativity and Inclusion has inspired our diverse team of highly skilled, highly creative and highly committed individuals for 90+ years, and we believe the best is yet to come.
Would you like to work for an organization that is expanding their analytics capabilities? We have an opportunity available for a Data Engineer to join our Advanced Analytics & Data Science team. We are changing the way our business users consume data and insights! You will utilize your strong collaboration skills and ability to extract valuable insights from highly complex data sets to ask the right questions and find the right answers. You will help business partners articulate their needs, develop approaches to help answer strategic questions across product design, marketing, brand development, and operations, and implement analyses and modeling efforts to provide decision support.
A day in the life as a Hasbro Data Engineer/Data Scientist:
- Working with partners across Hasbro to help them formulate analytical questions from their business challenges. Proposing analytical approaches to answer those questions.
- Conducting analysis. Using descriptive and exploratory techniques, text analytics, and statistical methods to help answer business questions. Communicating results to other members of the Advanced Analytics and business teams.
- Designing innovative ways to source, combine, and analyze data – including images, video, and text – to generate new methodologies the team can use to uncover new questions and business opportunities.
- Collaborating with the Data Engineering team to grow the Hasbro data lake. Participating in processes to build data pipelines, maintain data integrity, and define relationships between data sources. Offering perspectives on tools for data storage and analysis.
- Creating scalable data pipelines that integrate RESTful API based data sources using cloud tools and Python.
What you'll bring:
- 3-5 years of experience in Data Science, Data Engineering, or a related area.
- B.S. in a quantitative field (e.g., data science, computer science, engineering), advanced degree/MBA preferred.
- Hands-on experience with the latest cloud-based big data tools and platforms (e.g., Spark, Databricks), knowledge of Azure platform preferred.
- Proficient with at least one of the common data science scripting languages (R, Python, Scala, Go).
- In depth understanding of both classic EDW and distributed cloud data lake ETL processes; strong SQL skills.
- Experience in working with large datasets and visualization tools like Power BI/Tableau to derive insights and present information.
- Familiarity with statistical modeling, hypothesis testing, and experience developing ML data pipelines and models using common cloud platforms (Azure ML, AWS Sagemaker, Tensorflow, Scikit-learn keras, etc.)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills – experience supporting and working with multi-functional teams in a dynamic environment.