Information Technology at Abercrombie & Fitch is fundamental to designing, sourcing, developing, and delivering fashion forward merchandise to our customers. We are committed to implementing new strategic and systematic approaches to generate dynamic technology solutions for our growing business.
The Data Engineer role is responsible for the management and delivery of data across the enterprise as part of the IT team. We’re seeking a candidate that is constantly challenging the status quo and seeking out innovation in an ever-evolving retail environment.
What will you be doing?
- Design, develop and implement complex data engineering solutions for Abercrombie & Fitch
- Collaborate with other Abercrombie & Fitch IT leads and developers to identify opportunities for improvement and innovation
- Discover, evaluate, and implement new technologies to maximize development efficiency
- Develop team members by providing coaching, code review, and process guidance
- Support critical production systems to ensure stability and uptime
- Assist business partners in applying data to evaluate and tackle business problems
- Create and uphold technology standards, processes, and audit methodologies
- Continuously improve IT platforms based on retail and data management technology trends in support of business strategies
What will you need to bring?
- 5+ years’ experience with Data Warehousing/BI technologies including one or more of the following or similar: Enterprise Datawarehouse (ie.Netezza, Terradata), Hadoop Data Lake (i.e. HBASE, Hive, MapReduce, Spark, etc)
- 5+ years’ experience developing and supporting complex SQL and database views in a large data warehouse environment
- 3+ years’ experience in near real-time and batch data integrations development and support using technologies such as Datastage, Informatica, Sqoop
- 2+ years’ experience developing Python or Scala code is a plus
- Experience supporting data requests, and data issues stemmed from consumers of Enterprise BI Solutions viz. OBIEE, BOBJ, etc. and Modern Analytics Tools such as Tableau, Qlik, etc.
- Experience in 24x7 production support
- Experience with Agile and Waterfall software development methodologies and tools such as JIRA, Subversion, and GIT
- Personal attributes: confident, self-starter, strong work ethic, highly motivated, sense of humor, a winning ‘can-do’ attitude, team-oriented
- 4 year degree in an IT related field
- Retail experience is a plus