We are looking for a Data Engineer to join Spotify's Customer Support Systems & Technology (CSAT) R&D department. Our mission is to amplify the voice of the customer to Spotify, while creating effortless and proactive digital help experiences – when and where users need it. We believe by achieving this mission we are enabling support to be a differentiator for Spotify and increasing our competitive advantage.
You will collaborate with highly skilled researchers, engineers, data scientists, product managers, and others in a fast-paced, multi-disciplinary environment. Above all, you will have a hand in impacting brand loyalty and improving the overall Spotify experience.
As a part of our data engineering team, you will be creating data sets that can be easily consumed and analyzed to understand customer pain points, and thereby improving the Spotify product family in turn. You will be instrumental in our journey to transition our systems from traditional databases to distributed data sets that can be easily used to gather insights about our products by data scientists and analysts across the company. This includes, but is not limited to:
- Build large-scale batch and real-time data pipelines with data processing frameworks like Scio, Beam, DataFlow on the Google Cloud Platform.
- Use best practices in continuous integration and delivery.
- Help drive optimization, testing and tooling to improve data quality.
- Collaborate with other software engineers, ML experts, and stakeholders, taking learning and leadership opportunities that will arise every single day.
- Work in multi-functional agile teams to continuously experiment, iterate and deliver on new product objectives.
Who You Are
- You know how to work with high volume heterogeneous data, preferably with distributed systems such as Hadoop, Apache Beam, Spark.
- You know how to write distributed, high-volume data processing systems in Java or Scala.
- You have experience working with Python, the more the better.
- You are knowledgeable about data modeling, data access, and data storage techniques.
- You appreciate agile software processes, data-driven development, reliability, and responsible experimentation.
- You understand the value of partnership within teams.
- You understand that product value is a function of usefulness and not technical implementation details.
- You are willing to work from our awesome office in New York. We offer relocation packages if you do not currently live in New York.