Cox Communications, Analytics Center of Excellence (ACOE) is looking for a Data Engineer who will be a core member of the data engineering team. This role will be responsible for data engineering design and implementations in a hands-on capacity to provide business value.
- Utilize frameworks in AWS for transitioning analytics solutions at different maturity levels between data science and operational teams
- Provide hands-on technical leadership in data engineering design and implementations including data ingestion, data models, data structures, data storage, high-throughput data processing, data pipelines, and data monitoring at scale
- Follow data engineering best practices with considerations for high data availability, computational efficiency, cost, and quality
- Build and maintain environments processes, functionalities, and tools to improve all stages of analytics solution development, e.g., proof of concepts, prototypes, and production
- Automate manual processes into repeatable capabilities
- Where permitted by applicable law, must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 to be considered for this U.S. based job. (Reasonable accommodations for medical and religious objections will be considered.)
- Experience in a data engineering role
- Strong communication skills
- Expertise in Python and AWS services including Lambda and Step Functions. Strong experience with writing complex programs, implementing architectures, and enabling automation in cloud environments
- Strong programming skills and ability to utilize a variety of software/languages/tools, e.g., Spark, Python, Scala, Java, C++, Hive, SQL, etc.
- Experience with Source Version Control software like Git or Bitbucket and CICD pipelines like Jenkins
- Experience working with leading cloud vendors such as Google, Microsoft, or Amazon
- Experience with microservice development, Docker, Kubernetes
- Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or closely related field.
- Experience within telecommunications, cable industry, high tech, or consulting
- Experience in data visualization solutions and data visualization tools
- Experience with data catalogs
- Knowledge and experience with batch and event driven architectures
- Knowledge and experience with AWS Services including CloudWatch, EventBridge, EC2, EMR, RedShift, SQS, RDS, Neptune, Service Catalog, IAM, API Gateway