We are looking for data engineers at all levels to join our Engineering organization and contribute to the development of our cutting edge products. These products rely on and produce the data that drives our business and our customer's business. As a member of our team you will work on collecting, storing, processing and analyzing huge sets of data using technologies such as Hadoop, Spark and AWS Glue.
- You are clever, self motivated, and not happy unless you're getting things done.
- You understand the appropriate architectural and design issues involved in building scalable, reliable, high-performing software solutions for web, mobile and other cutting-edge delivery channels.
- You excel in a collaborative environment where your co-workers rely on your contributions to help guide the team to success.
- You have experience in working withAgile/Lean approaches and you understand the difference between being Agile/Lean and doing Agile/Lean.
- You are excited by the prospect of working in a dynamic, diverse, collaborative, transparent, non-hierarchical, and ego-free culture and you are excited by the prospect of proactively helping this culture evolve.
- You are committed to helping your team be as high performing as possible.
- You will not compromise your belief that software best practices, like TDD, automated testing, and continuous integration are essential to delivering quality software.
- You know that work life balance is important and act accordingly.
- You don't object to writing minimally sufficient documentation or doing whatever else is needed to ensure delivery of a complete product.
- You are not happy unless you understand and can see how your efforts directly impact your customers.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science/Engineeringpreferred.
- Proficiency building data processing systems with Hadoop, MapReduce and HDFS using Python and Java.
- Experience using querying tools such as Pig and Hive.
- Experience building stream data processing systems using Apache Spark and PySpark.
- Experience administering, optimizing and troubleshooting NoSQL databases such as MongoDB or DynamoDB.
- Demonstrable experience utilizing Agile (Scrum/Kanban) and creating an effective Agile culture as well as implementing the appropriate Agile practices.
Nice to Have Qualifications (if you do not have them, we will teach you!)
- Experience using AWS Services related to data processing..
- Experience with different programming or scriptinglanguages like Java, Linux, C++, PHP, Ruby, Python and R.
- Experience developing adtech or martech applications and solutions.