Veterans United Home Loans is seeking a Data Engineer to join the Data Services department in the Technology division. As a Veterans United Data Engineer, you'll work with a team of experts to build data pipelines, facilitating the delivery of innovative solutions to our Analysts, Data Scientists, and other teams across the business. This position will not be originating loans.
- Thoroughly and quickly analyze business requirements, translating them into a good technical data design, including conceptual, logical, and physical data models.
- Partner with Product Owners and other Data Engineers to refine business requirements.
- Use the latest tools to build data solutions that deliver the highest quality data to stakeholders.
- Support, develop and maintain technical specification documentation.
- Constantly strive to improve data accuracy and organization.
- Ability to manage time and multitask.
- Strong interpersonal communication skills (written and verbal).
- Proven ability to learn new concepts, tools, languages and techniques quickly.
- Excel in fast-paced, results-oriented environment.
- Thrive in a highly collaborative work setting.
- Familiarity with Agile methodologies.
- Experience collaborating and gathering requirements from both technical and business-facing teams.
- Proficiency in at least one ETL toolset (ideally, SSIS)
- Experience with Big Data technologies (Hadoop, Spark, Hive, Oozie, Presto, Kafka, etc.);
- Experience with a programming language(C#, Java, Python, etc).
- Experience working with, or understanding of, document databases (MongoDB, CouchDB, etc).
- Familiarity and experience with ERWIN or similar data modeling software.
- Experience with Team Foundation Services or other change management software.
- Proficient in developing complex SQL queries and designing efficient databases and tables in a relational DBMS (Microsoft SQL Server and MySQL preferred).
- Proven background of ETL development, including data warehousing and reporting architectures.
- Working knowledge of common data visualization/reporting tools (Tableau, Power BI, etc.).
- Proficient in basic computer technologies, appropriate for an internet-based company