About the Role
We are looking for an experienced Data Engineer to help us grow our business. As a Data Engineer, you will be tasked with building technical solutions to move, transform, extract and analyze data for internal stakeholders.
What You Will Do
During the 1st Month:
- Attend onboarding sessions to better understand our internal processes and learn about the company
- Work with Data team members to learn about our data, data structure, and how your role fits within the team, the Tech department, and Niche
- Shadow multiple roles to see how a data engineer could help with their everyday work
Within 3 Months:
- Begin to examine data team processes and execute enhancements where needed
- Participate in code reviews
- Become a regular participant in bi-weekly back-end and infrastructure meetings
- Identify all sources of data being ingested across Niche
- Gather business requirements and translate them into technical requirements
Within 6 Months:
- Work with your manager to identify tasks/projects within the Data team that fit your interests, leverage your skill sets, and align with Niche’s goals
- Build data workflows, pipelines, and tools for internal teams
- Develop a plan for implementing data engineering tasks across Niche
Within 12 months:
- Own data engineering processes
- Work with your manager to figure out a vision and strategy for the team
- Participate in hiring
- Contribute to product teams, when needed.
What We Are Looking For
- 3-5 years of relevant experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering, or related technical field.
- Strong understanding of database fundamentals and schema design
- Shown ability to write complex but efficient database queries
- Professional experience building workflows to extract, transform and load data
- Experience building/operating distributed systems of data extraction, ingestion, and processing of large data sets from multiple sources.
- Knowledge of data warehousing fundamentals, ETL development, and data storage principles.
- Advanced knowledge of coding languages and best practices
- Experience with cloud computing/platform, Google Analytics, or Salesforce is a plus
- Hard worker who wants to learn and grow with the position and company
- Can handle multiple projects concurrently in a fast-paced, startup environment
- Can work both independently and as part of a team
- Full time, salaried position with competitive compensation
- Comprehensive health plan, including vision and dental, provided at no cost to the employee.
- 20 PTO days, 10 Paid Holidays and 3 Volunteer Days off per year
- Parental leave
- Stock options and 401(k) with employer match
- Your ideas and work will make an immediate impact on our company and millions of users