As a leading provider of global information security solutions, Code42 secures the ideas of more than 50,000 organizations worldwide, including the most recognized brands in business and education. Because Code42 collects and indexes every version of every file, the company offers security, legal and IT teams total visibility and recovery of data wherever it lives and moves. Founded in 2001, the company is headquartered in Minneapolis, Minnesota, with offices in London, Munich, San Francisco, Denver and Washington, D.C. We are proud to be funded by Accel Partners, JMI Equity, NEA and Split Rock Partners.
Code42 is committed to providing all employees with engaging and challenging work, opportunity for growth, an equal voice to drive innovation, and an environment that cultivates authenticity. In return, we look for people who are inquisitive, enjoy solving complex problems, collaborate effectively, think creatively and provide diverse insights to help us all think better and differently. Come join us and #BeCode42
As a Data Engineer at Code42, you'll help design, build, and monitor the pipelines that power our data-driven features. We're looking for a self-motivated engineer who has a passion for resilient and scalable systems, and experience working within the Amazon Web Services stack. Technologies include API Gateway, Kinesis, Lambda, EMR (Hadoop and Spark), Elasticsearch, etc.
YOU'LL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR:
- Working with engineering, data science and product management to implement data-driven features and productionize machine learning systems.
- Designing and developing high-volume data pipelines within AWS.
- Providing recommendations and strategies to manage scalability, tuning and other configurations within the data infrastructure.
- Identifying and making available data to support Code42 products, internal development initiatives and answering product-centric business questions.
- Implementing systems to track data quality and consistency.
- You will also be contributing to the development of our proprietary analytics product, repository of solutions, and helping engineering teams leverage analytics to aid with better consumption of data.
SKILLS AND REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or other related field or equivalent work experience.
- 5+ years' experience in software development.
- Background with AWS data pipeline technologies such as Kinesis, Lambda, S3, Elasticsearch and EMR (Hadoop or Spark).
- Practical experience developing configuration-as-code with tools such as Terraform or Ansible.
- Knowledge of Relational and NoSQL data stores.
- Experience with statistical computer languages such as R or Python.
- Ability to execute research projects, and generate practical results and recommendations.
- Excellent organizational, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Enjoy working in both individual and team settings.
- Agile/Scrum development experience.
- Experience with ETL tools and processes.
- Basic understanding of statistical analysis and machine learning.
- Experience developing Java and/or Scala applications.