• The Industry-recognized data and analytics leaders
• Passionate problem solvers across a broad spectrum of technologies and industries
• Value seekers for measurable business outcomes
• Continuous learners through training and education
• Focused on a work-life balance with an unlimited paid time off policy
Data engineers are challenged with building the next generation of data solutions for many of the most high-profile and technologically-advanced organizations nationally. Our engagements typically target a variety of use cases across data engineering, data science, data governance, and visualization.
Data engineers deliver value through....
- Hands-on, self-directed design and development of highly-scalable, reliable, and performant pipelines to consume, integrate and analyze large volumes of complex data using a variety of best-in-class proprietary and open-source platforms and tools
- Demonstration of technical, team, and solution leadership through strong communication skills to recommend actionable, data-driven insights
- Collaboration with team members, business stakeholders and data SMEs to elicit requirements and to develop business metrics and analytical insights
- Internal contribution and influence over the growth of their consultancy with direct lines of communication from team member to CEO
A data engineer's skills include, but are not limited to...
- Bachelor degree AND 3+ years of professional work experience
- SQL, SQL, SQL!
- Programming / Scripting (Python, Java, C/C++, Scala, Bash, Korn Shell)
- Linux / Windows (Command line)
- Big Data (Hadoop, Flume, HBase, Hive, Map-Reduce, Oozie, Sqoop, Spark)
- Cloud Platforms (AWS, Azure, Google Cloud Platform)
- Data Concepts (ETL, near-/real-time streaming, data structures, metadata and workflow management)
- Data Integration Tools (Ab Initio, DataStage, Informatica, SSIS, Talend)
- Databases (DB2, HANA, Netezza, Oracle, Redshift, Teradata, Vertica)
- Markup Languages (JSON, XML, YAML)
- Code Management Tools (Git/GitHub, SVN, TFS)
- DevOps Tools (Chef, Docker, Puppet, Bamboo, Jenkins)
- Testing / Data Quality (TDD, unit, regression, automation)
- Solving complex data and technology problems
- Leading technical teams of 2+ consultants
- Ability to design components of a larger implementation
- Excellent communication to narrate data driven insights and technical approach
- Must reside in the San Francisco, CA bay area