Data Engineer (Data Scientist experience desired, not required)
USC / GC Alone
Product Delivery Responsibilities
As an integral member of Global Technology Services organization, the Data Scientist (Sr. Engineer) will be responsible for developing and managing global products for Deloitte’s Global FA Studio.
Provides technical direction for project delivery to address business needs.
Acts as predictive analytics subject matter expert to a broader delivery team of Architects, Business Systems Analysts, Technical Leads and Engineers on technical direction and solutioning of applications to address business needs.
Coordinates with stakeholders, project management, infrastructure, security and performance management teams to ensure successful delivery of projects
Ensures project/program objectives are met in a timely manner and adhere to the application standards. Manages quality and risk throughout the execution.
Contributes to direction, product and project planning and SDLC practices for predictive analytics-oriented projects. Possesses in-depth knowledge and enforces standards, procedures, and methodologies. Supports the maturing of systems engineering, quality assurance and analysis policies, procedures, standards for predictive analytics projects in line with GTS standards
Maintaining awareness and authoritative understanding of our key technology vendor offerings, strategies, roadmaps and capabilities to both influence our maturing standards and ensure team access to the appropriate vendors for training, seminars and workshops
Maintain relationships within other GTS studios and member firms
The key job responsibilities include the following:
• Acts as a key contributor to predictive analytics-oriented software engineering projects
• Provides technical leadership for predictive analytics technologies to the broader delivery team
• Acts as a trusted advisor to stakeholders by providing objective, practical and relevant ideas, insights, and advice by developing an in-depth understanding of the business applications including technical trends/marketplace, technology development in the data storage, integration and analytics space.
• Sound strategic and tactical understanding of technology product mix comprising the solution, including vendor product roadmaps, and product strengths, weaknesses, and limitations
• Fosters an environment with consistent focus on business objectives
The key skills required are as follows:
• implementation of large scale data processing systems on cloud and on prem
• Experience with noSQL technologies, such as CosmosDB, Cassandra, Elastic Search is a must
• Working experience with Hadoop, HBase, Hive or MapReduce or Spark.
• Experience in database design, development with advanced proficiency in SQL
• Experience with data cleansing techniques and tools
• Experience with unstructured text analytics is a plus
• Assist with Cloud Azure/AWS vs on prem evaluation and implementation
• Experience with data integration tools such as Informatica/SSIS
• Experience with data visualization tools such as Tableau, QlickView
• We are looking for a Big Data Engineer that will work on the collecting, storing, processing, and analyzing of huge sets of data.
• Knowledge of at least 2 of the following: SAS, SPSS, MATLAB, R, Python.
• Working experience with statistical analysis and modelling desired
• Working experience with predictive modelling and simulation techniques desired
• Ability to query and mine large data sets to discover transaction patterns, examine data and isolate targeted information - using traditional as well as predictive/advanced analytic methodologies desired
• Working experience with machine learning algorithms and platforms such as AzureML or MLLib or Mahout, etc. desired
• .An ability to understand business strategy, business requirements and to envision how predictive analytics technologies enable organizational strategies
• Strong skills in presenting and facilitating
• Strong skills in influencing, diplomacy, negotiation and consensus building
• Good attention to detail and accuracy
• Experience with the Rational suite of SDLC products is a plus
• Manage multiple goals and deadlines
• Organizationally astute