CGG is a pioneering Technology Company providing world class fully integrated Geoscience services within the global Energy sector. Created in 1931, our history tells the story of a profession conducted with passion and of an adventure stretching across five continents. We employ in excess of 4,600 people worldwide, who bring a unique blend of talent and energy through working together to deliver unrivalled innovative solutions to our customers.
Through our cutting-edge Technology in Geoscience, we have achieved outstanding leadership with a strong focus on innovation and a commitment to delivering the best sustainable solutions to our clients' energy challenges. Based on the foundations of mathematics and applied physics, we bring our clients a unique range of technologies, manufactured equipment and services, designed to generate stunning 3D images of the Earth’s subsurface structures.
WHY WORK AT CGG?
- Highly intelligent and motivated coworkers who are industry leaders in seismic imaging.
- Energetic and challenging-yet-fun work environment, full of imaging problems to be solved and technologies to be developed.
- Excellent training and mentorship programs.
- We take care of our biggest asset – our people!
We’re looking for an enthusiastic team player to join the Digitalization Group, working on a microservices architecture. Collaborate between business stakeholders, developers and users globally and fostering communication. You will be a key figure in developing the data engineering capability; ingesting, transforming, storing and modelling data. Work on building the infrastructure required for optimal extraction, transformation, and loading of data from a wide variety of data sources. A self-starter and team player who can work under high levels of pressure to challenging deadlines. You will communicate with a diverse group of stakeholders globally.
- Translate business requirements into functional and technical data designs, develop data and analytical solutions in collaboration with stakeholders.
- Setup ETL process for data from multiple sources using python/logstash. Create solutions that solve business challenges and meet user needs using Kibana/Grafana/React/Python/SQL
- Identify and recommend opportunities for process improvement and liaise with business and technical teams to implement these changes.
- Automate repetitive tasks, developing innovative solutions for the team and wider business.
- Lead projects focused on driving incremental value with business teams, partnering with the business effectively to understand areas for optimization and growth opportunities.
- Maintain and evolve monitoring and alerting capabilities - includes infrastructure performance as well as key business metrics.
- Identify and recommend opportunities for process improvement and liaise with technical teams to implement these changes.
- Engage with stake holders to understand and document business requirements
- Communication with stakeholders of all levels including the ability to advise, train and support clients where necessary.
Skills & Experience
- At least 5 years commercial experience in working as a Data Engineer or similar role with Full Stack abilities.
- Experience of ELK stack/React/Python/SQL coding.
- Designing and building visualizations.
- Deep understanding of Business Analysis, Data modelling and Data Infrastructure and ETL Design.
- Experience in working as part of Agile and multi-disciplinary teams.
- Strong problem solving, analytical and logical skills.
- good experience working with Python (and there packages), to perform Data cleaning, Data quality assessment, Data analysis, Data visualization.
- Good understanding of Kafka, Docker, Kubernetes, Microservices.
- The ability to articulate ideas and proposed to stakeholders across the business, both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Create documentation for technical and non-technical users.
- Willingness to learn new skills and have a Can-do, Will-do attitude.
- Experience with fast prototyping.
- Set KPIs and metrics to evaluate analytics solution given a particular use case.
We are interested in every qualified candidate who is eligible to work in the United States for this position. However, we are not able to sponsor visas.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines