Data Engineer - Business Intelligence
A prominent, data based global technology firm is currently seeking a Data Engineer - Business Intelligence to join their team in Princeton, NJ. This tech company has multiple focuses, the main one being the creation of one of the world?s most widely utilized financial software applications. In this role you will work in a small, dynamic team with some of the East Coast's top engineers, to solve very unique, large scale challenges. Their systems are very large and highly distributed, and engineers are always looking for creative solutions to solve problems, including employing a variety of modern programming languages, open source and big datatechnologies, as well as Machine Learning and Natural Language Processing.
Not only can you grow professionally in this company but they have an excellent engineering culture, work/life balance, and great benefits. The company is also very philanthropic; many employees give back to the community and the company also donates a significant portion of their profits to philanthropy. This is an exciting opportunity for anyone looking for the next step in their career and for a work place they can call home.
- Design and develop new data models
- Build scalable, high throughput systems that process more than 10 billion data points a day
- Work on developing and supporting technology platforms using structured ETL tools, the Hadoop stack and a variety of BI tools
- Interact directly with users to architect and design our solutions
- 5+ years of experience working in Big Data environment (Hadoop, HDFS, Hive, Pig, Spark)
- 3+ years of Java and Python development experience
- 2+ years of SQL (Postgres, Oracle, Hive, etc.) and relational databaseexperience
- Experience with a structured ETL tool such as Informatica/Talend/Data Stage
- Experience in writing unix shell scripts