We are looking for an exceptional senior data engineer to help us define and build our next generation data platform on top of Google Cloud, guiding its direction and integration within the company.
This platform will support our internal analytics and personalization needs, while enabling future business opportunities.
This role may be for you if...
- You view the present world as a pool of data and believe it is your job to create the tools and platforms needed to process it all.
- You believe in a future where every business is data driven, making insightful decisions based on the data available, rather than being lost and dragged down by it.
- When you hear the words ETL you are curious about the past we are living in since you process everything in real-time, using the latest technology.
- You wonder if you will ever use the challenging algorithms you've learned in your Computer Science background on a day to day basis, or if it was just all for theory.
- You thrive in a fast-paced, highly collaborative team of 3 to 5 engineers.
During a typical week you might ...
- Present a schema management system design at an Engineering-wide architecture review
- Build new data pipelines using DataFlow
- Code data fills in python against Google Cloud Storage and BigQuery
- Investigate, deploy and implement a caching solution for enabling real-time joins of big data sets
- Develop a data quality validation framework used for both testing and real time production data
- Design tools enabling easy-to-use workflows for internal teams using the data platform
We are looking for ...
- 7+ years of experience designing and implementing large scale software
- 4+ years of experience working with Big Data technologies like DataFlow, BigQuery, Kafka, Airflow and Spark
- Experience designing a real-time Big Data platform
- Experience deploying and managing Big Data infrastructure
- Strong coding ability in an object oriented language (preferably Scala, Python, Java)
- Excellent team player with strong communication skills (verbal and written)
- Enthusiastic about collaborative problem solving
- Bachelor's degree or better in Computer Science