As the Data Engineer, you will design and build analytic data stores and integration processes that meet the data needs of various internal and external constituents. The Data Engineer will be responsible for designing, building, monitoring, conceptualizing, innovating, and collaborating with team members and customers. You will be in a fast-growing and rapidly changing environment that will demand a continuous improvement mindset and a hunger for the next challenge.
- Be a proactive member of an autonomous, cross-disciplined team with a goal of building best in class data solutions that delight internal and external customers.
- Build ETL processes that integrate data from multiple, highly variant sources into analytic models and data stores that feed multiple end user solutions and perspectives
- Continually research and learn the latest approaches to building analytical solutions in highly variant data environments
- Work closely with our operations and other development teams to optimize source data acquisition processes and strategies
- Participate in technology evaluation and selection initiatives that grow the company’s core data and analytics capacity
- Understand product descriptions for new features and how they fit into the greater BoomTown system while learning how our customers use them
- Take initiative on assigned day-to-day tasks and keep pace with the team to get the job done while knowing when to ask for help.
- BS degree in Computer Science or related technical field
- 2-4 years of relevant work experience
- A deep understanding of general ETL processing and tools as well as data warehousing concepts and workflows
- Strong knowledge of SQL and Python
- Significant experience with large scale data sources, structures and processes
- Experience with Amazon Web Services, particularly Redshift, S3 or comparable services from another cloud provider
- Experience with ETL orchestration tools to run large scale ETL workflows
- Experience deploying infrastructure as code with tools such as AWS CloudFormation and Terraform
- Experience working with web data sources
- Experience working in an Agile development environment will be a plus.