We are witnessing a massive shift of consumer presence from offline to online. With it, there is a need for technologies that enable online businesses to thrive. Bolt is at the center of this universe leading the next generation of e-commerce, having created a best-in-class buying experience from checkout to fraud detection, payments, and more. With our help, retailers can successfully compete with the online retail giants that have the means to invest in technology.
Bolt is looking for founding engineers for the data team, working closely with all teams and cross-functional partners (including product, engineering, and data analysts) to build a foundational data stack powering business analytics. You will be responsible for creating a strategy for data ownership at Bolt and help define the data architecture, data model, and pipelines to drive understanding of Bolt's business.
- 4+ years of managing data infrastructure / distributed systems
- Strong knowledge of SQL and at least one programming language
- Must be willing to both architect solutions & get deep into the weeds of delivering solutions
- Experience with big data technologies such as Redshift, EMR + Spark, S3, Glue, Kinesis Firehose, Lambda, etc.
- Comfortable thinking about infrastructure as code
- Experience with Terraform or similar tools
- Nice to haves: NoSQL tech like DynamoDb, Kafka, Kinesis Data Streams. Familiarity with BI tools Eg: Quicksight, Metabase, etc.
What you will do:
- We are at the intersection of e-commerce and payments. We collect a lot of data that is key to decision-making at Bolt.
In addition to general problem-solving you will:
- Participate in creating and executing a roadmap for all things data infrastructure.
- Build scalable systems that effectively store and crunch tons of data.
- Work with cross-functional partners (product, infra, security, analysts) to power data-driven products.
- Create fault-tolerant, timely, and optimized pipelines for data ingestion powering the company's business analytics. Evangelize best practices with the engineering, infra, analyst teams for building data models, pipelines, and materialized views. Standardize access to data across teams, and build tooling to reuse queries.
- Partner with our ML team to make it easier to do feature engineering and build a reliable data stack to power Bolt's ML products
- Own data reliability and help assess and determine which warehousing technologies to use, when to move data between data stores, and help productionize models.
- AWS Lambda for data ingestion and Kinesis Firehose to transport them into S3
- Step functions and Lambdas to coordinate workflows
- AWS Redshift as the data warehouse + Spark on EMR for doing ETL
- Terraform for maintaining infra
- Jenkins & CircleCI for build pipelines
- Postgres RDS is our application database
- Our code base is primarily in Golang & Typescript. However, our data bits are mostly in Python.
- Competitive compensation
- Flexible Paid Time Off
- Comprehensive health coverage: Medical, Dental and Vision
- Retirement plans
- Commuter Benefits + Safe rides programs
- Gym and wellness subsidy
- Cell phone reimbursement
- Monthly team events
- Paid parental leave
- Awesome teammates!