$80K - $100K(Ladders Estimates)
We need Data Engineer for our newly established Big Data engineering practice. While primary focus of this role is to work in multiple Pods alongside with other engineers to build & deliver data integration pipeline. Other element of the role is to work in conjunction with Senior Data Engineer to contribute towards the delivery of Data Platform. This is hands on position with 80% focus towards data engineering and 20% towards best practice, unit testing and reviewing code.
Technical Delivery Experience:
· Self-learner and networking skills that are required to be successful in this role given the rapid evolution of the New Platforms and Tools.
· Experience indeveloping new applications and features within a scrum team providing
data and data services to the enterprise, other engineering teams, data science, analysts, product, management/executives, and other business teams
· Experience in building high performing and scalable data ingestion patterns to support multiple batch processing and real-time data streaming.
· Work with various project teams to deliver on commitments within time and scope
· Work with Platform Operations team to ensure solutions are releasable, maintainable, and scalable
· Experience or a good understanding and willingness to working in DevSecOps and Agile Scrum based Software Development.
· Experience in developing scalable data engineering platform using cloud infrastructure.
· Experience with configuration management, continuous integration, continuous deployment and continues security.
· Experience or a good understanding and willingness to include Security at design, development and testing
· Familiarity with container tools and serverless technologies.
· Understanding of servers, storage, and networking roles
· Experience with Lean, Agile and iterative delivery frameworks, metrics and methodologies.
· Experience in performing root cause analysis on internal and external data and processes to answer specific business questions and identify opportunities for improvement.
· Strong analytic skills related to working with unstructured datasets.
· Experience in building processes for supporting data transformation, data structures, metadata, dependency and workload management.
· Experience or a good understanding and willingness to commit to and practice agility and speed to deliver using agile, sprint-based working style.
· Experience in ensuring the right level of Communication to keep all stakeholders, team members and users in sync and on the same page
· Ability to be open to learn, to give and take feedback, to put team above own interest, to excel in team success and to strive for excellence
· Experience in establishing effective partnerships across teams, peers and subordinates in an inclusive style to leverage their abilities and knowledge.
· Ability to Align with Leadership Guidance and Provide recommendations on engagement, measurements to maximize collaboration, eliminating handoffs and high paced agile delivery environment
Bachelor's degree in a field linked to data engineering, business analytics, applied mathematics, computer science, IT, computer applications, engineering or related field is required.
Technical Skills Required:
Valid Through: 2019-10-14