American Specialty Health, Inc. is seeking a Data Engineer I to join our Information Technology team. This position will be responsible for delivering best-in-class analytical data solutions. Primary role will be participating in data curation projects and reporting system support and maintenance, with opportunities to develop innovative solutions and explore new technologies.
- Data curation projects and reporting system support and maintenance.
- Participate in the entire lifecycle for Business Intelligence Solution Delivery.
- Design, build, document and manage data warehouse objects.
- Design and develop ETL processing solutions.
- Assist with BI Solutions (DBMS, SSIS, SSAS, SSRS, Tableau) development and performance tuning.
- Develop, test and deliver error free data.
- Stay abreast of BI industry best practices and relevant new technologies.
- Design and develop reports/visualizations using SQL Serve Reporting Services and Tableau.
- Perform requirements gathering and analysis.
- Ability to work independently (as well as within a team environment) and unsupervised.
- Ability to work a flexible day schedule required including occasional evenings.
- Design and develop high performance reporting assets.
- Work with SMEs (both technical and nontechnical) for knowledge transfer and documentation.
- Work with end-users to support adoption of team deliverables.
- Bachelor's Degree or higher in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, MIS or related field or equivalent work experience is preferred. If equivalent experience, high school diploma required.
- 1 year or more of experience developing Business Intelligence solutions.
- 3 or more years of experience developing solutions using the MS SQL Server BI Stack.
- Microsoft data-related certification.
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Excel.
- Recent working knowledge of a major BI Tool (Tableau preferred).
- Strong technical skills; able to work with multiple platforms, integrate data with various sources.
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills; able to think outside of the box on a consistent basis.
- Willingness to learn new technology.
- Basic knowledge of TSQL
- Basic knowledge of data modeling.
- Basic knowledge of data visualization practices and methods.