Amgen is seeking a Specialist Data Engineer to join the Operations Information System organization. This position will partner with Supply Chain to build leading edge analytics applications. Our success is inspired by our dedication to our patients, to our business clients, and to using technologies that deliver critical business value. We value individuals who have high personal standards of productivity, quality, and ethics. We value people who are intellectually curious and love learning. You will need to have the ability to quickly learn about the biotechnology operations value chain, including supply chain, logistics, and manufacturing systems. We are looking for someone who can work independently but values collaboration and learning from others.
CORE RESPONSIBILITIES FOR THE ROLE:
- You will evaluate and utilize state of the art technologies (data science, machine learning, artificial intelligence, modeling, simulation tools, and enterprise data lake) to meet Supply Chain business needs
- Build high-performance algorithms, prototypes, predictive models (supervised and unsupervised) and proof of concepts
- Translate complex problems and solutions and provide actionable insight to executives
- Transform ambiguous business questions into measurable and impactful insights
- Collaborate cross-functionally with supply chain business partners to develop proof of concepts and industrialize analytics and modeling applications for scale.
- You will collaborate with the data engineering team members to ensure all services are secure, reliable, maintainable, and well-integrated into our existing platforms.
- Present analysis, ideas, progress, and results to business partners in clear and impactful manner
- Lead and mentor Junior Data Scientists and Data Engineers
Master’s degree and 1 – 3 years of related experience
Bachelor’s degree and 3 – 5 years of related experience
Associate degree and 8+ years of directly related experience
- Consistent record leading technical product teams in agile development
- Consistent track record leading multiple technical sprints simultaneous
- Excellent communicator who is able to write and speak about technical concepts to business, technical, and lay audiences
- Consistent track record of taking initiative and work independently with minimal supervision
- Passion for learning and staying on top of current technologies
- Extensive experience working with Business Users on eliciting data engineering requirements and developing data processing pipeline that meets their analytic needs
- Extensive experience building data processing piplelines for large data sets such as SAP or Anaplan
- Proficient in coding in Python
- Has hands on experience writing SQL using any RDBMS (Redshift, Postgres, MySQL, Teradata, Oracle, etc.).
- Experience with AWS Services like EC2, S3, Redshift/Spectrum, Glue, Athena, RDS, Lambda, and API gateway.
- Has hands-on experience using Databricks/Jupyter or similar notebook environment.
- Experience with software DevOps CI/CD tools, such Git, Jenkins, Linux, and Shell Script
- Experience with distributed (Spark, Dask) and cloud (AWS, GCP) computing
- Experience with Tableau or similar visualization tools
- Experience creating and maintaining documents like requirement specification, design specification and test cases
- Biotech / Pharma experience
- Experience with Spark, Hive, Kafka, Kinesis, Spark Streaming, and Airflow.
- Experience with ML libraries like scikitlearn, MLib, Keras, TensorFlow, Pytorch, Pandas etc.
- Ability to perform code review and code optimization
- Ability to debug production code and provide timely break fixes for production issues
- Knowledge of the clinical trials lifecycle is highly preferred
- Knowledge of Integrated Business Planning or Sales and Operations Planning is highly preferred