PURPOSE OF THE POSITION
With limited supervision, designs, develops and documents ETL Processes and that provide effective business systems solutions and solve complex core system and operational problems. Performs all aspects of data analysis and development in accordance with standard development methodologies. Provides leadership over IT components/deliverables for multiple functional areas.
Knowledge of Business
- Basic knowledge of health plan business, as well as related operational workflows.
- Provide support for complex Data Warehouse, ETL, and Data Integration applications.
- Applies understanding of all aspects of application requirements and their relationship to business requirements.
- Specifies requirements and translates them to well-designed software structures, independently or collaboratively with other Data Engineers.
- Produces support documentation including screen layouts, report layouts, data element descriptions, and required algorithm definitions.
- Demonstrates proficiency with the principles and methodologies of process improvement. Applies these in the execution of responsibilities in support of a process focused approach.
Technology - Tools
- Deep knowledge of SSIS, MS SQL Server, TSQL/SQL Coding, Visual Basic, C# and MS Excel.
- Develop ETL processes as designed to meet business specifications. Such coding must be structured, modular, maintainable, effective, and efficient
- Prepares unit test plans and test data. Executes comprehensive and thorough testing of programs and applications prior to customer acceptance/approval
- Provides comprehensive and well-written documentation, which identifies changes to programs
- Compliant with all Core Process, Core Documentation, Service Delivery and Demand Management metrics and standards. Delivers service innovation to improve service or lower cost.
- Provides in-depth data mining and data transformation support for heavily utilized Data Warehouse core system.
- Provides technical assistance in the pursuit of identifying production problems
- Actively participates in the interpretation of user functional requirements
- Completes the development of technical designs, processes, and other required documents
- Provides or coordinates feedback to users on all referred problems
- Establishes and maintains productive working relationships with peers and users, including effective collaborative problem solving, responsive communications and cordial interpersonal relationships.
- Ability to work and deliver on-time all expected project deliverables.
- Provides technical assistance in the pursuit of identifying production problems/enhancements.
- Researches and proposes effective and efficient solutions.
- Actively participates in the interpretation of business requirements.
- Directly performs the necessary administration to the software, ensuring the proper tracking of new and/or updated computer programs/copies.
- May provide direction to Data Engineers and Data Analysts assigned to projects, as required.
- Reviews work of assigned team members for structure, technique, maintainability, use of common routines, and standards. Identifies needed improvements and instructs team to perform improvements as required.
- Estimates the effort necessary to accomplish project tasks.
- Accounts for any variance between estimates and actual time required to complete project tasks.
- Performs other duties as necessary or assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems or related field or equivalent knowledge.
- Two (2) plus years of experience in ETL development required with experience in a managed care or health insurance setting required.
- Two (2) plus years of experience in database and interface design, implementation and optimization, preferred.
- Experience with data integration and conversion processes, preferred
- Two (2) plus years knowledge of SSIS, MS SQL Server, TSQL/SQL Coding, Visual Basic, C# and MS Excel.
- Must possess baseline credentials/certificates for applications.
- Ability to learn and implement new and/or different techniques
- Self starter with ability to work independently or as part of a team
- Excellent ability to analyze complex problems and identify and implement solutions.
- Excellent ability to organize tasks and maintain project schedules
- Strong interpersonal skills demonstrated by an ability to communicate with all levels of staff in a courteous, constructive, patient and informative manner.
- Strong oral and writing skills characterized by the ability to communicate technical and non-technical information thoroughly and clearly to a range of reading and comprehension skill levels.
- Strong Project Management skills.
- Commitment to the corporate mission, vision, and values.