Data Science, Big Data and Automation are helping reinvent the healthcare system in an effort to help people live heathier lives and help make the healthcare system work better for everyone.
The Advanced Research and Analytics (ARA) organization of UnitedHealthcare delivers analytic services and solutions which support all aspects of UHC operations from intelligent claims adjudication, identification of fraud/waste/abuse, improved member/provider experience, clinical intelligence, and more. We bring advanced Robotic Process Automation, Machine Learning, Artificial Intelligence and Big Data to turn healthcare data into information that improves the lives of our members, providers and the healthcare systems as a whole.
- Help with architecting ARA Data analytic framework, supporting ARA Solutions, on our Big Data Hadoop based environment
- Translates complex functions and technical requirements into detailed data architecture, design and high performing analytic solutions.
- Drive ARA Project Data and batch/real-time analytical solutions leveraging transformational technologies.
- Works on multiple projects as a:
- technical lead driving user story
- analysis and elaboration, design and
- development of software applications,
- testing, and builds automation tools.
- Will help to build and architect continued enhancements to ARA’s next-generation Data Analytic framework on existing core ARA technologies (MapR, etc..)
- Codes, tests, and documents new or modified data systems to create robust and scalable applications for data analytics.
- Implements security and recovery tools and techniques as required.
- Work with the Data Science team to ensure data solutions are consistent:
- Creates data flow diagrams for all of business systems.
- Builds data automation tools.
- Ensures all automated processes preserve data by managing the alignment of data availability and integration processes.
- Creates an ARA data catalog.
- Interprets data results to business needs
- Develops standards and processes for integration projects and initiatives.
- Working with ARA Data Onboarding Team – and Production/Support team
- Monitors and leads data requests through lifecycle management and ensures that the technical solution meets both the ARA Architecture and solution needs.
- Conducts demonstrations, briefings and status reports as required.
- Performs technology and product research to identify opportunities that impact business strategy, business requirements and performance.
- Evaluates and provides feedback on future technologies and new releases/upgrades.
- Assesses and provides recommendations on business relevance, appropriate timing and deployment
- Bachelor's in computer science, computer engineering, or other relevant field
- 3+ years of data engineering, data science and/or software engineering experience
- Ability to architect highly scalable distributed systems, using different open source tools (MapR and/or HDFS)
- Experience with Agile or other rapid application development methods
- Experience with object oriented design, coding and testing patterns as well as experience in engineering (commercial or open source) software platforms and largescale data infrastructures
- Knowledge in different programming or scriptinglanguages (Java, .Net, PL/SQL and/or Unix)
- Knowledge of data modeling and understanding of different data structures and their benefits and limitations under particular use cases
- Experience using Big Data batch and streaming tools (MapR and/or HDFS related tools including SPARK, HIVE, Kafka etc.)
- Experience building high performance algorithms
Careers with UnitedHealthcare. Let's talk about opportunity. Start with a Fortune 6 organization that's serving more than 85 million people already and building the industry's singular reputation for bold ideas and impeccable execution. Now, add your energy, your passion for excellence, your near-obsession with driving change for the better. Get the picture? UnitedHealthcare is serving employers and individuals, states and communities, military families and veterans where ever they're found across the globe. We bring them the resources of an industry leader and a commitment to improve their lives that's second to none. This is no small opportunity. It's where you can do your life's best work.(sm)