Data Development Software Engineer II
5 - 7 years experience • Financial Services
The ADS Supervisory Examiner Solutions department of the Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City is seeking a Data Development Software Engineer. The Federal Reserve plays a major role in providing Banking supervision and regulation. This position will be responsible for the design, development, engineering and reengineering of software solutions for a large nationally used enterprise system in support of supervision and regulation. This role is responsible for the design, development, engineering and reengineering of software solutions using a variety of programming languages and deployment technologies. Individuals placed within this family will possess specialized technical skills in the domain of software engineering. Progression within the family is both a combination of evolved technical expertise and complexity of assignments.
- Leads and/or contributes to the analysis, design, development and engineering of enterprise solutions for the organization’s most strategic and complex application delivery projects.
- Develops strong partnerships and relationships with business customers and key stakeholders.
- Participates as a member of and/or leads complex and diverse technical teams through all phases of the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC), including post-implementation support and maintenance.
- Proficient in leading the analysis, design, and implementation of enterprise technology solutions for the organization’s most strategic and complex projects, utilizing broad industry awareness and expertise.
- Proficient in leading alternative analysis, including researching vendor solutions, development platforms, third-party frameworks, and best practices, and making recommendations on platform agnostic application delivery solutions.
- Expert at implementing complex systems and software components, in compliance with Industry and System standards, which meet customer needs and expectations with respect to key project/product performance measures; quality, schedule, and cost.
- Requires the ability to independently design, develop, and document solutions, while adhering to all applicable standards (e.g., architectural, coding, security).
- Proficient at analyzing business requirements and creating technical designs and specifications for less experienced team members.
- Provides mentoring and guidance to less experienced staff.
- Proficient at consulting with customers in the development of technology strategies related to the portfolio in which they are engaged.
- Maps objectives into roadmap initiatives and works with management to define milestones and deliverables.
- Expert at leading by example and consistently demonstrates high performance in the areas of customer service, collaboration, team work, mentoring, reliability and solution delivery.
- Proficient at communicating status and progress on assignments.
- Raises issues and risks in a timely fashion and effectively contributes to mitigating activities.
- Proficient at collaborating with complex, matrixed project teams, that are often geographically dispersed and span multiple disciplines (e.g., database administration, server administration, project management, business analysis, etc.), as well as varying skill levels.
- Solution Class: Enterprise/Complex
- Problem Solving and Business Acumen: Strong
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with specialization in an information technology field (e.g., Computer/Management Information Systems (MIS/CIS), Computer Science (CS), Electrical/Computer Engineering (EE/CE), or an equivalent combination of related education and work experience.
- Typically requires at least six years of relevant and progressive information technology experience directly related to architecture, design, and development of software solutions, ranging in complexity from department-class to enterprise-class.
- Advanced skills in at least one programming language that is part of the District and/or FR System's Application Development profile required; experience withmultiple languages preferred.
- At least four years of experience with set based vs procedural based development concepts.
- At least four years of experience with T-SQL and use of relational database design
- ETL experience preferred
- At least one year of experience with agile development methodology
- At least one year of experience developing applications for enterprise business customers.
- At least one year of experience working with a project manager or business analyst during project delivery.
- Demonstrates full competence with moderately complex applications and develops competence with complex applications. Complexity is based on scope, scale, layers in technology stack that involves robustness of the application, longevity of the application within the organization, period of exposure to the application, etc. Primary contribution focus is at the tactical level. Experience in balancing the complexity of a solution with maintainability.
- Demonstrated cultural savvy; demonstrated credibility; progression in complexity of applications and/or assignments, etc.
- Strong interpersonal, customer service and communication skills.
- Interacts with business lines to discuss high-level concepts and/or desired technology solutions based on bias from previous experience; suggests/influences optimal course of action to meet business needs.
- Explains technical information in terms easily understood by target audiences.
- When communicating, displays common courtesy and sensitivity towards others.
- Is responsive to customers, exhibits confidence, and is viewed as a credible source.