The Data Developer role is responsible for working with the Innovation and Technology group to support the West digital capability with a focus on data opportunities related to device, customer, and patient data. The person in this role will leverage current West data infrastructure, systems and security as well as evaluate and utilize new cloud based technologies to help realize new data trends and market opportunities that increase our business capabilities and or revenue. This will include ensuring efficient and accurate data structures and solutions are in place to support the requirements of data scientists, analysts and business stakeholders. The role entails partnering with stakeholders including IT to ensure the current and future architecture supports the business and technical needs. The person in this role should advance to becoming a subject matter expert for advanced data centric technologies, and will be expected to be aware of and understand industry trends and be able to clearly communicate their application.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Investigate available data solutions in support of new opportunities, including but not limited to, large scale processing systems and cloud databases.
- Collaborate with stakeholders and team members to design and implement West’s Innovation & Technology data strategy and architecture.
- Leverage software and / or hardware to perform investigation into how to leverage data both internal and external to increase our business. This includes mobile applications, data processing, and data transmission.
- Participate in the newly formed Data and Analytics Center of Excellence.
- Utilize programming skills and diverse toolsets to combine various systems into usable formats that can be explored for patterns that can help to answer business questions.
- Discover ways to efficiently acquire and store data.
- Perform other duties as assigned based on business needs.
- Conform with and abides by all regulations, policies, work procedures, instruction, and all safety rules.
- Exhibit regular, reliable, punctual and predictable attendance.
Direct Reports: Not Applicable
- Education: Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in AppliedStatistics, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Data Science, or related field
- Experience: 3-5 years of experience
- Experience working with cloud platforms (Azure, AWS, Google)
- Demonstrated expertise in programming languages and tools that integrate various systems together
- Strong understanding of data and ways of importing, connecting and cleaning it for further manipulation, analysis, and visualization purposes
- Demonstrated proficiency in programming languages such as Python, Java, Sql, R, Apache Spark
- Experience with data visualization tools such as Power BI, Tableau
- Ability to translate algorithms into working code
- Comfortable working with large, diverse datasets to perform data mining, data cleansing, data processing, and manipulation
- Experience with data security practices and implementing secure connections to various data sources
- Knowledge and experience with various data base technologies such as MySQL and SQL Server
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills and proven ability to work effectively with all organizational levels
- Experience with or basic understanding of Agile development
- Possess strong problem solving skills and is comfortable addressing a variety of unique business needs
- Experience with data engineering in healthcare, life sciences, and/or medical device applications and industries
- Minor in Math or Statistics