Data is the driver for our future at Cars. We’re searching for collaborative, analytical, and innovative engineers to help utilize the almost 20years of data we have at our disposal. If you are passionate about using data to solve problems and build game changing products, we’d love to work with you!
- Collaborate with product owners, data scientists or otherdevelopers in a lean/agile environment.
- Develop, scale and optimize real-time ETL or batch data processing jobs.
- Analyze potential data issues to determine the root cause and implement effective solutions
- Expertise in SQL programming, relational databases, and data modeling.
- 3+ years of solid experience with either MPP Databases or RDBMS and NoSQL technologies like Teradata, Oracle, and Couchbase.
- Solid understanding of relational data structures and data integration techniques.
- Experience with ETL tools such as IBM DataStage or Talend.
- Proficiency with one or more programming languages like Java, R and Scala.
- Proficiency with scriptinglanguages such as bash or Python in Unix/Linux environments.
- Strong written and verbal communications skills
- BS or MSdegree in Computer Science, Engineering, or similar field
- Experience with internet scale data engineering in an e-commerce setting.
- Understanding of Hadoop or otherBig Data Platforms.
- Prior experience extending or migrating existing data pipelines to cloud platforms such as AWS