Data Developer 2 - RT
Less than 5 years experience • Information Services
Data Developer2 - RT
Southfield, Michigan 48075
Lafayette, Colorado 80026
Our first preference on location is Southfield, MI but we'll also consider Lafayette, CO.
There are no visa candidates to be considered for this position.
This is a mid-level position, but we're open to junior level folks between 1-3years of experience. All of the technologies this group works with are proprietary.
Big data processing
Hadoop (our primary database is proprietary)
ETL experience (ours is proprietary)
About the Opportunity
The Developer II (Data Analysis) works with the Lead Developer to design and develop technical solutions on a proprietary, multi-node computing environment focused on 'big data' processing (billions of records).
This requires full SDLC familiarity, including requirements review, analysis, design, programming, testing and implementation as assigned.
- Verify input data quality, including identification and communication of file variances and potential issues
- Read data file dumps and QC conversion output.
- Set up, process and QC data hygiene and merge/purge processes
- Set up and process statistical reports and provide these reports to account teams.
- Maintain and adhere to project schedules.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities: (Submission Summary)
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field or equivalent years of experiencerequired
- 1-3years of development experiencerequired
- Proven analysis, design, programming and implementation experience is required
- Experience manipulating and joining multiple, large data files (Millions of records, 100’s of GB) required.
- Knowledge of data formats – character fields, packed fields, binary, hexadecimal fields required.
- Experiencewith flat files, Ascii/Ebcdic, binary data, bitmapping, and ETL processing fundamental.
- Knowledge and understanding of HADOOP, cloud computing, massively parallel-processing systems strongly preferred.
- Knowledge of UNIX environment/directory structures /Linux/DO environment is helpful
- Experiencewith data compression algorithms and techniques preferred.
- Development experiencewith C, C++, Perl, Shell Scriptingpreferred
- Experiencewithdatabase programs and basic SQL Knowledge and preferred
- Familiarity withAgile Development concepts, JIRA, and GIT
- Ability to solve problems without using traditional tools, software, or relational databases.
- Knowledge of data hygiene, address standardization, etc is a plus.
- Strong written and oral communications skills
- Ability to read, create, and change existing code
- Ability to coordinate and follow up with multiple tasks
- Attention to detail necessary
- Ability to recommend and implement automation solutions for production process.
20. Big data processing experience
21. Hadoop (our primary database is proprietary) experience
22. ETL experience (ours is proprietary)
23. Programming experience
24. Present Salary?
25. Salary Expectation?
26. Must be a US Citizen or Green Card holder?
27. Current Address?