Document Management Shared Service (DMSS) is responsible for the composition, fulfilment, archival, and online presentment of over 140 million documents a year. This position will assist the DMSS Senior Manager of Decision Support by providing data architectural leadership to manage the department's new SQL and Tableau reporting infrastructure and meet data needs for DMSS and functional client performance reporting, production troubleshooting, issue resolution, document archival / order fulfillment, and vendor reconciliation.Essential Responsibilities:
- Leads one or more projects of simple to moderate complexity in nature with minimal feedback/rework from manager/mentor of project.
- Regularly measures the impact of business decisions on clients and customers.
- Consults with clients to determine information management requirements.
- Provides guidance and direction to peers and mentoring to junior staff including:
- technical & programming assistance
- project management and scoping
- documentation review and support
- Negotiates with others to achieve deliverables on time and within budget.
- Provides training on new technologies and applications to staff.
- Proactively recognizes potential issues, develops plans to address and understands how to communicate these steps to department leadership and clients.
Translates needs, issues, and ideas into effective strategies and action plans.
Recognizes opportunities by making a connection between seemingly unrelated information.
Works with vendor personnel, if necessary, to achieve timely solutions of database problems.
Reports extended outages to clients and Sr. Management within KP-IT.
Consults on the integration of application systems into the work environment, regarding their operational and training implications.
Acts as a liaison between business clients and technical staff and/or with development staff throughout the development life cycle.
- Minimum six (6) years of experience in a directly related field.
- Bachelors degree OR four (4) years of experience in a directly related field.
- High School Diploma or General Education Development (GED) required.
License, Certification, Registration Additional Requirements:
- Experience working with and developing reports and dashboard within business intelligence tools.
- Thorough knowledge of policies, practices and systems.
- Complete understanding and application of principles, concepts, practices, and standards.
- Full knowledge of industry practices.
- Broad application of principles, theories, and concepts in applicable discipline, plus working knowledge of other related fields.
- Experience working with relational databases.
- Experience working with various reporting applications and tools.
- DB/SQL, Tableau and ETL experience.
- Data Warehousing and Data architecture experience.
- Expertise in developing enterprise data/process models and logical/physical database designs.
- Experience in leading initiatives to design, develop and deliver key functionalities and solutions in collaboration with IT, business partners and clients.
- Strong Microsoft Office skills
- Strong analytical critical thinking, writing, communication, and consulting skills.
- Eight (8) years or more experience in a directly related field preferred.
- Experience with development of data analytics and reporting in support of healthcare or health insurance industry.
- Five (5) years or more of progressive experience using business intelligence tools.
- Masters Degree.
California,Burbank,Marketing, Sales, Service and Admin Scheduled Weekly Hours:
Mon, Tue, Wed, Thu, Fri Working Hours Start:
08:00 AM Working Hours End:
04:30 PM Job Schedule:
Full-time Job Type:
Standard Employee Status:
Regular Employee Group/Union Affiliation:
NUE-PO-01|NUE|Non Union Employee Job Level:
Individual Contributor Job Category:
Sales and Marketing Department:
MSSA Admin Offices - Grp Rltn-Health Care Proc Adm - 0315 Travel:
No Kaiser Permanente is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, parental status, ancestry, disability, gender identity, veteran status, genetic information, other distinguishing characteristics of diversity and inclusion, or any other protected status.
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.