Data Center Technician
We are looking for Data Center Technician for our client in San Antonio, TX
Job Title: Data Center Technician
Job Location: San Antonio, TX
Job Type: Contract ? 12 Months / Contract to Hire / Direct Hire
?US citizens and those authorized to work in the US are encouraged to apply. We are unable to sponsor H1b candidates at this time.?
- The Data Center Technician is responsible for daily operations of the Data Center.
- The person in this role is expected to rigorously follow accepted Standard Operating Procedures (SOP), Job Safety Analysis (JSA), Data Center Standards and Business Continuity Plan (BCP).
- Complete Data Center Infrastructure Management (DCIM) information to ensure 100% point-in-time accuracy of all DC Assets.
- Work in partnership within HOU150 with the CBRES team to coordinate preventative maintenance on ITC owned systems which support the data center.
- Ensure compliance with all applicable laws, corporate policies and procedures including Information Protection (IP) and Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) compliance
- Day to day responsibilities include: Monitoring Remedy Ticketing system and completing requests within prescribed SLA, Installing hardware, servers, network equipment, building up server racks, installing electrical power distribution units, installing components and side servers (memory swaps), and troubleshootingnetwork.
- Knowledge in Excel, a minimum of three years since the team works a lot with spreadsheets
- Solid IT Troubleshooting
- Familiarity with servers - Virtual, blade and physical
- Familiarity with network principles
- Must have precise/ keen attention to detail as some of the server names are 9 digit alphanumeric names and are similar to one another
- Enterprise Data Center Experience.
- Communication skills are very important- this individual will communicate by email, phone, and instant messaging mostly.
- Experience in HP DL380, HP C700 Blade Servers, and Generation 8 and 9
- Experience in Cisco networks, NetAPP, and Hitachi storage
- Knowledge in DCIP- data center information management is a strong preferred with some type of experience in an inventory management system
- Troubleshooting knowledge and background in hardware overall
- Experience with installing operating systems
- Bachelors or Associates Degree? MIS, Information Technology, or Computer Science preferred? IT/Server Military experience would be a plus