Data Center Technician
We are looking for Data Center Technician for our client in Franklin, TN
Job Title: Data Center Technician
Job Location: Franklin, TN
Job Type: Contract – 12 Months / Contract to Hire / Direct Hire
“US citizens and those authorized to work in the US are encouraged to apply. We are unable to sponsor H1b candidates at this time.”
Assists in providing specialized technical maintenance and recovery support and services for Data Center. Assists with network problem resolution activities, ensures that all procedures are relevant and correctly followed. Anticipates emergent situations and assists in the contacting of essential/critical personnel as required.
Reports to the Data Center Manager
Essential Job Functions:
- Work tickets that have been assigned to our Remedy queue. Such as racking and un-racking servers, running fiber cables per cabling standards, and assistance in trouble shooting issues.
- Receive packages and equipment. Schedule the shipping/receiving dock to accept packages.
- Contact technical personnel as required by critical outage procedures. Follow guidelines established for the contacting of technical/critical personnel
- Maintain a written record of each event to ensure that all documentation and procedures were utilized correctly.
- Use of Nlyte software.
- Install and remove Hosts/Servers/Network per process in place.
- Support off shore remote hands with any trouble shooting that would be requested.
Knowledge and Skills (Indicate which are required, preferred, or desirable. Include licenses and certificates) REQUIRED:
- Experience in computer center operations and/or computing management in multi-platform environment and operating systems.
- Working knowledge of network equipment.
- Working knowledge of HVAC, UPS, and other Data Center systems helpful
- Familiarity with MS Office and Remedy 8.1 helpful
- Customer Service oriented
- High School Degree
- Must be able to lift 50lbs, move equipment, rack and un-rack host/servers and network hardware.
- Working Conditions and Environment (i.e., necessary travel, unusual work hours, unusual environmental conditions, etc.):
- Must be able to work in cool climate 67 - 75 degrees, low humidity for long periods 8 hours per shift. Work extended hours 12 per shift. Be able to work on ladders up to 7’ tall.