Cisco seeks a Systems Engineer/Architect with a strong background in data center solutions to serve in in a pre-sales technical role. The role includes showcasing Cisco solutions, setting up demonstrations and explaining features and benefits and designing solutions to meet specific customer needs. He\she will gain access to the broad palette of Cisco technologies and applications in a variety of vertical markets. In additional to technological aptitude and the ability to learn quickly and stay current, the ideal candidate's interpersonal, presentation and troubleshooting skills evoke passion and confidence.
Direct account and partner responsibilities for selected accounts in an assigned geography. Staying up-to-date on relevant competitive solutions, products and services is essential. Candidate will focus on technical presentations for customers, partners and prospects and assist with the development of formal sales plans and proposals for assigned opportunities. Other activities include participation as a specialist on assigned Virtual Team and providing consultative support in their area of specialization to other Systems Engineers.
5+ years of industry related experience is required. Cisco product experience or relevant experience in key competitor offerings in technology area is also preferred. Pre-Sales experience preferred. Typically requires BS/BA (EE/CS) or equivalent. CCNP or higher, or similar vender certification and/or related experience. A candidate with a background in scripting languages such as Python, Ruby, Shell, and application development tools such as Chef, Puppet, Docker, Git and etc. a strong plus.
Required Skills and Abilities:
1. Excellent written and verbal communication, listening, and strong presentation skills.
2. Strong knowledge of networking.
3. Ability to work effectively and add value as a team member.
4. Demonstrated technical knowledge and consultative skills.
5. Strong problem solving skills: ability to assess a problem and determine an effective course of action.
Required Knowledge and Experience:
1. Understanding of layer 2 and layer 3 networking.
2. Industry knowledge of relevant solutions sets, product line specifications, performance criteria and applications.
3. Competitive knowledge (in their area of specialization) including solution, technology and product offerings.
3. Understanding and conversant about company, solutions and product strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and competitive offerings.