Equiniti is looking for an experienced storage and datacentre engineer to manage and support Equiniti’s existing HPE storage and compute infrastructure across datacentres located in the UK and US.
The current estate comprises HPE 3PAR 8400 & 7400, Nimble HF40, and StoreOnce backup appliances with HPE Synergy and Proliant compute blades.
Equinti is currently undertaking a review of its datacentre strategy, reviewing solutions and offerings from major vendors. The successful candidate will have the exiting opportunity to play an early active role in shaping, implementing and migrating our infrastructure to the new solutions and infrastructures selected.
The successful candidate will become part of the Hosting Services team responsible for managing the datacentre storage, compute and backup infrastructure across the Equiniti Group and will work closely with colleagues based in the UK.
There will also be a requirement to participate in a call out rota, and for completing some activities outside of business hours where they may be service affecting.
Equiniti is a leading provider of technology and solutions for complex administration and payments. Our technology platforms and solutions are used by 70% of the FTSE 100, Government and other large corporates, particularly in banking, insurance and other financial services. We have 1,700 clients, make £90 billion worth of payments through our systems every year, hold records for 70 million shareholders, look after pension schemes for 20% of all pension scheme members in the UK, and provide services which touch 27 million consumers.
We employ 5,000 people in the UK, US, Europe and India.
Equiniti is a rapidly changing, ambitious and dynamic business and we look to employ people who, like us, put the customer at the heart of everything they do. Over the last 7 years we have made 16 acquisitions to create an exciting organisation which focuses on innovation and technology.
Equiniti is listed on the main market of the London Stock Exchange.
This role is primarily responsible for managing the Storage infrastructure in the group and proactively ensuring its availability. In addition, the role will also involve capacity planning based on business demands and will require you to work closely with rest of the Infrastructure teams on operational issues involving SAN and compute infrastructure.
Working in US business hours and be available for support during out of business hours, on weekends and holidays.
- Installing, configuring & managing storage arrays in Nimble & 3PAR.
- Daily monitoring of storage arrays, Performing Health Checks on all the SAN devices in the environment and Coordinating with onsite engineers in case of any failure through mail or call.
- Data Migration, Switch Integration & Fabric merging.
- Debugging and resolving escalated technical calls within the agreed/stipulated SLA.
- Undertaking Knowledge transfer from peers or clients during transition.
- Preparing and updating Documentation as applicable.
- Providing capacity planning of storage based on business demands
Knowledge & Experience
Appropriate years of experience in managing storage solutions in Nimble and 3PAR for large enterprises.
The ideal candidate will have Advanced/Expert knowledge on:
- Expertise in Provisioning and configuration of various host in SAN & Storage end with Nimble and 3PAR experience.
- Well-versed in configuration of new storage arrays and migration of disks.
- Experience in installing / configuring/troubleshooting storage technologies such as HP 3 par and Nimble, with backup technologies from VEAM, Veritas (NetBackup), virtualization platforms from/Microsoft Hyper V/: and storage area network technologies (FC/iSCSI).
- Experience in SAN firmware upgrades and configuring, maintenances and trouble-shooting the Fabric environments.
- Well-versed in Zoning and Provisioning the LUNS to various Operating system from Nimble & HP 3PAR.
- Experience Data Migration, Decommissioning, Switch Integration & Fabric merging.
- Expert knowledge in backup and archive technologies. Rollbacks.
- Expert knowledge in managing SAN’s in various operating systems including various flavours of AIX, Windows , Linux , Unix, Hyper V.
- Should have expert knowledge in power shell scripting and in depth understanding of Windows storage architecture.
- Experience with windows storage stack, Multi path I/O (MPIO) Framework. Microsoft device-specific module DSM
- Good technical experience and understanding of infrastructure principles and architectures.
- Experience of working with 3rd party service providers to design, deploy and manage joint IT service solutions.
- Good knowledge of information security practices within the financial services IT industry.
Experience or knowledge of the following would also be beneficial:
- ITILv3 and Service Management Principles
- Knowledge of cloud storage
- Knowledge of VMWare.
- Experience configuring and running automated software and server deployment tools (e.g. Terraform, Windows PowerShell, Windows DSC, Ansible, Octopus Deploy)
- Experience administering Windows Server technologies (e.g. windows server, AD, GPOs, RDP, Terminal Services, Windows Clusters etc), covering Server 2012 platforms upwards.
- Infrastructure Encryption and Key Management – including Server / Storage Encryption, HSMs, SSL / TLS Configuration.
- Infrastructure and Application Monitoring platforms – such as New Relic, PagerDuty, OpsGenie
- Network and Security Appliances and Technologies – such as Alert Logic, Qualys, Dell Secureworks
- A fast learner with the ability to acquire knowledge swiftly;
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Able to overcome objections and conflicts, proposing suitable methods of rectification;
- Adept at building strong relationships, with the ability to ingrate into an existing team;
- Able to prioritize tasks and workload to meet tight deadlines in a frequently changing environment;
- Adept at solving problems and possess strong analytical skills;
- Passionate about process and technology improvement.
- Always acts with integrity and treats others with respect, openness, honesty and fairness.
- Ability to work independently but collaboratively within project and support teams (consisting of internal colleagues, 3rd party providers and the company’s’ clients), highlighting issues or tasks for wider consideration and discussion as appropriate.
- Must be approachable, dependable and trustworthy, with a good attention to detail.
- Ability to work to tight deadlines, managing a busy workload in a frequently changing environment, whilst always remaining calm.
- Able to explain potentially complex IT problems and issues to non-IT users.
Training and Education (Desirable Qualifications)
- Vendor Certifications – e.g. HPE, Microsoft
- Approved / certified training courses