Lenovo is a technology company with global reach and expertise without boundaries. Our innovation draws upon a world of knowledge, embracing worldwide collaboration to unlock new thinking and the flexibility to help you capitalize on today’s opportunities and whatever tomorrow brings. 52,000 employees serving customers in over 160 countries. Global HQ in Raleigh, NC & Beijing, China. We have 5 global data center manufacturing facilities and 7 data center research centers worldwide.
At Lenovo, we're redefining economics and return on investment for the data center. We embrace an open, industry standards-based approach to easily integrate into your existing infrastructure.
ThinkSystem offerings have flexible design to scale and adapt easily to new workloads so you can extend today’s investment into the future as your needs evolve.
ThinkAgile solutions are pre-tested and pre-integrated for more rapid deployment getting you up and running faster, accelerating your time to value.
XClarity systems management software integrates with the tools you’re already using. We are #1 in x86 server customer satisfaction & #1 in x86 server reliability!
The responsibilities for this role are as follows:
• Drive architecture, design, development and evolution of all of our software organization.
• Responsible for developing and delivering on product roadmaps for the portfolio of services within a program
• Supervising and coaching teams responsible for the Software Development of our portfolio that are used across multiple products and domains.
• Works closely with business owners and other technology teams to define the roadmap for owned services and drive execution.
• Helps identify, coach and groom top talent and pro-actively develops employees as organizational resources and the respective function's compliance to goal setting and performance appraisal process.
• Provide strategic thinking and leadership related to a wide range of applications and systems, or software-development methodologies.
• Set the vision for an environment of ingenuity and creativity and acts as a role model for others in challenging the status quo to encourage innovation.
• Drive change across processes, practices and technology within the organization by building a high caliber team that can deliver effectively and be a role model for the rest of the organization.
• Help deliver, refine and communicate the vision of the next generation architecture to therest of the organization
In order to be considered for the role, you must possess the following required experience
• Ten or more (10+) years of experience leading software teams at the Director level or above
• Systems software development background.
The ideal candidate would possess the following preferred experience:
• Product management experience, defining and communicating the vision, strategy, roadmaps and milestones for our software development organization.
• Technology delivery experience with successful track record and demonstrated thought-leadership and cross-functional influence and partnership within an agile development environment.
• Led large global teams (over 300)
• Familiar with current technology trends, enterprise based development and thorough understanding of development methodologies and standards.
• Bachelor/Master’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent work experience.
• Experienced in leading and delivering large projects from concept to implementation including selecting talent and planning/allocating resources across multiple geographies and functions.
• Comfortable with working in a fast paced environment, with some ambiguity and evolving products, services, and approaches as necessary.
Today, Lenovo is a $45B+ company with customers in more than 160 countries. And we’re not stopping there. Each quarter, we expand – not just our business, but our ways of thinking, too. Instead of creating a single headquarters, we’ve instead introduced a series of centers ofexcellence, where our people from diverse backgrounds, experiences and skillsets come together to build truly innovative products and services. We’re continuously working to create a brighter future for ourselves – and for the world of technology.
It’s this type of attitude that’s made us as successful as we are – and enables us to grow even more. Throughout the history of our company, we’ve executed some of the most famous acquisitions in the industry – from buying the IBM PC Division more than a decade ago to our most recent acquisitions of Motorola Mobility and the IBM System x server business.
With a unique combination of groundbreaking products, a clear strategy and an unwavering commitment to operational excellence, we have a vision for today – and for the future. At Lenovo, we don’t believe in saying, “job done” because for us, it never is. There is always a better, more creative way to do things – and we want to continue finding it.
Join Lenovo and help us create what’s next.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.