DFINITY is reimagining the Internet as a public network that hosts secure software and services. The Internet Computer is a new technology stack that is unhackable, fast, scales to billions of users around the world, and supports a new kind of autonomous software that promises to reverse Big Tech’s monopolization of the internet. DFINITY was founded in 2016 by Dominic Williams and is backed by top-tier institutions including Polychain Capital and Andreessen Horowitz.
As a Data Center Services (DCS) Engineer, you will be a critical enabler of our vision. You will build and support our on-prem private cloud as well as our Managed and External DFINITY Data Centers.
- Design, automate and operationalize, and optimize networks in support of our Data Centers. Assist with the planning, installation, configuration, optimization, operation, and ongoing maintenance of the computers and global data centers
- Oversee network performance, the monitoring of equipment and the management of vendor relationships
- Continually monitor and assess utilization for capacity planning and process improvement
- Ensure that processes are well-documented, sustainable and scalable
- Implements and monitors practices to ensure consistency with policies, compliance regulations, Service Level Agreements, and control requirements
- Participate in the analysis, selection and modification of network lifecycle tooling
- Installation of network hardware/software, linux-based NOS and equipment
- Provide direction and solutions to protect the company’s data, tools and information systems
- Ensure network architecture standards maximize efficiency and support platform compatibility
- Coordinate delivery of services to user groups and ensure Data Center Services are uninterrupted.
Background and Skills:
- Considerable knowledge of network-based systems operations and maintenance, including a good understanding of protocols and tools necessary for effective resolution of maintenance requests and tracking operational processes
- At least 5 years experience with modern data center networking technologies such as: WAN networking, firewall, VPN, DNS, load-balancing, BGP, Cumulus, SONiC, IPv6, underlay/overlay networks, SD-WAN, OOB networks, VXLAN
- Extensive experience in building, operating and performing network capacity planning for global data centers
- In-depth knowledge of the following: data center facilities management, backbone networks, compute networks, large-scale storage area networks (SAN) and data center provisioning
- Experienced with automation and orchestration tools like: Chef, Ansible, Terraform, Helm, kubernetes, Openstack.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work well with people from different disciplines and degrees of technical experience
5% travel may be required