The Data Center Manager is accountable for the overall operation of the Data Center including budget, project assignment, daily workflow generated by customer incidents, completion of customer projects, and the QTS ticketing system. This includes assisting customers on the Data Center floor both in person and via the telephone, performing customer equipment installs, managing tickets within the define ticketing system, communicating and escalating alerts and customer requests to systems engineers for resolution, and completing tasks pertaining to computer hardware, software or operation systems. This role is also responsible for management responsibilities including on-the-job training, mentoring, development, and assisting with staffing job assignments.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES, other duties may be assigned.
- Facilitate Data Center space and cable plant design, implementation and maintenance.
- Maintenance contracts as related to your site.
- Ensure all Incidents are worked and resolved in a timely manner.
- Provide updates to relevant internal QTS groups on installations, work orders or incident status.
- Interface with Service Account Managers and Sales Engineers on new customer implementations or changes and delegate as appropriate.
- Collaborate with QTS teams to ensure Flawless implementation of products and services.
- Ensure Data Center is maintained at all time based on set standards
- Work with other DCO Managers and Supervisors to set standards and to look for ways to improve.
- Train and Educate staff members on QTS Policies, SOPs and WI to ensure these protocols are followed.
- Review all DCO documentation for accuracy and timely completion.
- Escalate and resolve customer-related issues and complete "After Action" reports in a timely manner.
- Keep facility management abreast of any outage issues or customer affecting situations.
- Provide monthly reports, metrics and budget updates as required.
- Assign staff appropriately for proper coverage of the Data Center.
- Supervises, trains, develops and coaches employees.
- Works with direct reports to establish performance goals, monitors progress, and advises on ways to enhance their professional development and success.
Position may require 24x7x365 on-call responsibilities.
- Technical college degree or equivalent experience
- Six or more years of experience working in a Data Center, NOC or similar environment
- Proficiency with MS Office Suite
- Completion of QTS Management 101 and 102, Asset Management, Conversant Training and Dale Carnegie Management training courses
- Server+, Network+
- Two or more additional certifications such as Microsoft Certifications, OEM Certifications, BICSI Installer I & II, CCENT, LAN300, DCIM
- CDCDP, RCDD, CAPM, CCNA, Security+, Storage (NetBackup or EMC), DCIM II
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- The ability to pass job-related skills assessments based on pre-determined scoring criteria and time frames
- The ability to acquire and apply job-related knowledge within set guidelines and expectations
- Ability to manage complex situations during off management hours - single point of contact
- Position may involve frequent typing, standing, walking, pushing, pulling, bending, reaching and lifting. Lifting requirements may range from <10 lbs. - 50 lbs. on a regular basis, with heavier weights done in conjunction with other individuals or lifting aids.