Data Center Operations Manager
We are looking for a leader with a hands-on technical acumen and architectural expertise in Cloud Data Center Infrastructure such as compute, storage, data center and wide area networking. The Data-Center Infrastructure Operations Team is responsible for building, developing, and operating the data centers that power the Nutanix Xi Cloud Platform worldwide. You must have a proven track record and experience with building and supporting large public facing data-center infrastructure that powers SaaS, PaaS or IaaS services. You have to be passionate about building, maintaining, and developing a great team, environment, and successful global DC and NOC.
Role & Responsibilities:
- Build, maintain, and operate DC infrastructure and operations processes to ensure high availability, superior performance, and 24x7 support.
- Build and grow a global team of DC and network operations engineers.
- Provide technical leadership, mentoring, encouraging, coaching for all staff and foster a culture of accountability, innovation and team-work
- Ensure all technical procedures such as installation, configuration, runbooks etc. are documented and updated.
- Automation of infrastructure services and system administration tasks
- Implement and maintain a monitoring platform to address the operational issues for all customer facing assets.
- Partner with engineering teams and rest of operations teams to ensure smooth deployment and upgrade of software and datacenter services
- Manage vendors contracts, ecosystem partner contracts etc. and co-develop capacity and expansion plans
- 5+ years in data-center and Cloud operations (SaaS/IaaS/PaaS) running complex global data-center infrastructure spanning multiple global data centers.
- 5 years of overall infrastructurearchitecture & engineering in defining and developing high security, and high availability solutions.
- 5+ years of supervising global teams
- Running a service operations & data center delivery function
- Knowledge of DevOps & ITIL approaches and strategies
- Creating and operating a NOC to monitor and troubleshoot a production network and datacenter infrastructure
- Maintaining vendor and contracts management, hardware, software procurement, and budgeting
- Developing automation for provisioning of hosts and/or network devices.
- Demonstrating ability to prioritize tasks or projects to align with the strategic objectives and with business goals, assign recurring tasks and to utilize metrics to measure effectiveness.
- Excellent verbal, written communication and presentation skills
Required Technical & Architectural Experience and Skills:
- Developing and deploying DC monitoring tools.
- Experience with Hypervisors such as ESXi, KVM, Hyper-V
- Hands on Linux and/or Windows administration experience
- Supporting core Infrastructure computing services such as Domain Controllers, Virtualization, Storage, Backup/Recovery, Data Security, Data Replication & monitoring.
- Comprehensive knowledge of TCP/IP, BGP, MPLS, L3VPN, SSL, application load-balancing and understanding of networking specifications.
- Containerization concepts, experience with clustering and scheduling suites such as Docker Swarm, Kubernetes, DCOS
- Knowledge of applications, databases, and operating systems