Responsibilities include :
- Work with a dedicated team of Data Center Engineers to support a global data center footprint.
- Take part in team efforts for migration and consolidation projects.
- Deploy, setup and maintain enterprise grade hardware from various manufacturers
- Create and maintain data center documentation; including Cage elevations, rack elevations, physical inventory & cable plants.
- Perform capacity analysis and planning for Rack Space, Power Distribution and Network Port density.
- Perform afterhours RFC Implementations
- Assist with Contact Center site deployments of MDF/IDF build outs.
- Handle troubleshooting efforts
- Install (and remove) racks, shelving, power strips, rails, cable management within data center and labs.
- Participate in all aspects of Data Center Security (i.e. documentation, implementation, etc.) protocols as dictated by Ttec's operating standards.
- Handle installation of Data Center compliant cabling and equipment in accordance with industry and company standards and regulations (Cat5e, Cat6, fiber, power, TIA-942).
- Manage equipment installations and decommissioning projects as needed.
- Maintain all aspects of Data Center operating documents as it pertains to TeleTech's standard operating procedures.
- Handle all aspects of coordinating with management, network/voice engineers and vendors to troubleshoot technical issues that arise.
- Monitor and escalate any HVAC or power systems abnormalities
- 24 x 7 On Call Support on a rotational basis’
Basic Qualifications :
- Associates degree in Engineering or related field and/or equivalent work experience
- Must have hardware troubleshooting skills on server, network & Telco platforms.
- Must be comfortable working in a Data Center environments including Co-Location and TeleTech owned/leased buildings
- Advanced understanding of Data Center Best Practice efforts
- Strong knowledge of MS Visio and Excel
- Basic understanding of DCIM tools
- Must have an understanding of server technology and network connectivity requirements.
- Basic understanding of networking, TCP/IP, VLAN’s, cable topologies
- Basic understanding of Telco circuitry including DS3, T1, PRI, POTS, Ethernet, MPLS
- Must have an understanding data center cabling standards, including structured cabling with Fiber and Copper.
- Basic knowledge of Windows and/or Linux operating systems
- Basic working knowledge of electrical systems and general electrical theory, including UPS systems and PDU’s
- Ability to work independently and manage multiple project and priorities
- Flexibility to work different shifts including nights, weekends and holidays
- Ability to lift 60-75lbs
- Excellent written and communication skills
Preferred Qualifications :
- Microsoft and/or Cisco certification is a plus
- CDCTP / CDCDP certification is a plus
- 2 or more years of experience in related field, or equivalent education.