Providing IT solutions nationally since 1987, PCM, Inc. is an industry recognized, publicly traded, value-added reseller and systems integrator. Fully accredited and authorized by major manufacturers including Apple, Cisco, Dell, HP Inc., HPE, Lenovo, Microsoft, Symantec, VMware and 1500 others, PCM offers product and service solutions to mid-market and enterprise level businesses.
With annual sales of $2.5B+, 4500+ employees and over 400,000 products available, PCM is more than an IT provider: we are a trusted technology partner for thousands of businesses across the country specializing in cloud, data center, mobility, networking, security, and software solutions.
PCM: The right technology, delivered!
As a Data Center Solutions Architect, you will report to the Director of Hybrid Data Center. You will be responsible for technical Pre-Sales Consulting and building relationships with our partners and customers. You will also need to be creative and drive initiatives with our sales teams to evangelize the practice and solutions we provide.
- You will be the Pre-Sales Data Center Architect for the So Cal territory
- Focus on identifying opportunities within the Data Center environment
- Build and foster relationships with partners and customers and lead pre-sales initiatives for the practice.
- Identify and develop new business opportunities by supporting Vertical Sales Engineers, Account Managers and Marketing initiatives.
- Pursue and participate in teaming opportunities in both public and private sectors.
- Work with our sales teams to raise awareness of practice strategy and offerings to drive revenues.
- Works collaboratively with sales and engineers to provide our customers with 100% success and be a true advisor.
- Will lead our Bids and Proposals initiatives as technical SME for Data Center opportunities.
- Exceed revenue and gross profit goals.
- Communicate with customers regarding NetApp, Cisco and VMWare technologies among others.
- Present solutions at Trade Shows, customer speaking engagements
As a Data Center Solutions Architect, your excellent communication and presentation skills combined with a technically sound understanding of products such as Cisco, NetApp and VMware will enable the Infrastructure Solutions Practice to build upon and exceed customer and company goals.
Specific requiredqualifications include:
- At least 8years of solid experience focused in Data Center architectures and design
- Experience and certifications in VMware, NetApp, Cisco and/or Dell/EMC.
- Must be abreast of industry trends and new technologies.
- Experience in other technologies areas such as SAN, Backup Recovery, Switch, Security technologies and Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) is a plus.
- Must demonstrate public, private and hybrid cloud concepts. This is not a cloud developer role though the candidate should be able to design infrastructure to support workloads using cloud concepts.
- Should have a strong understanding of automation and orchestration specific to Data Center technologies to include open-source, Cisco and VMware tools.
- Should have conceptual and architectural understanding of virtualization concepts in the data center to include hypervisors, containers, NFV and network virtualization.
- Pre-Sales experience in technology sales selling to engineering, engineering management and executives.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills with the ability to adapt to various business needs.
- Experience developing and fostering key revenue driven relationships.
- Data Center partner experience is a plus.
- Ability to travel as needed which typically is 30%.