Our expert-level staff analyze, create, implement, and support cutting edge technologies in support of the Digital Infrastructure Services Center (DISC) contract for the United States Department of Agriculture. DISC provides critical IT infrastructure, data center services, and cloud hosting for vital federal government functions.
- Determine, identify and coordinate electrical power installation for new and existing IT hardware.
- Coordinate IT hardware replacement, installation, movement, replacement, and removal activities.
- Create and maintain documentation for IT hardware using tools that include the following: Microsoft Office products, Remedy ITSM Suite with integrated products and Visio.
- Support enterprise systems maintenance windows.
- Support the procurement and complete the installation of low voltage cabling to provide connectivity to existing systems and to internal keyboard, video and mouse (KVM) monitoring systems.
- Evaluate and determine the quality and quantity of IT hardware repair parts and tools to reduce unnecessary duplication and variety, as well as to ensure that needed materials are on hand.
- Manage IT hardware ingress and egress from the data center facility.
- Receive, unload and store internal, customer, and vendor IT hardware delivered shipments at the time of facility arrival.
- Plan, pack and coordinate the removal of disposed or excessive IT hardware.
- Participate in weekly change control board meetings.
- Conduct physical inventory of IT equipment.
- Report, coordinate and resolve hardware configuration item data discrepancies in configuration management database.
- Escort internal IT staff and external customers with limited or no security clearances into secured data center facility and assist with or monitor routine or emergency IT hardware maintenance activities.
- Monitor and ensure adherence to appearance and safety standards within the data center facility, in accordance with data center policy and procedures. Report all non-compliance issues to the floor manager.
- Minimum 6-10 years' experience with job related skills.
- Bachelor's Degree in relevant field, or equivalent work experience in lieu of degree.
- Minimum 4 years' experience with performing duties like those described above.
- Experience installing low voltage cabling for networking computing systems.
- IT service and hardware field maintenance experience.
- Proven analytical, problem-solving and hardware troubleshooting skills.
- Ability to physically and safely lift 50 Lbs.
- U.S. Citizenship.
- Must be able to obtain a Public Trust Clearance.