Acrisure is the fastest growing insurance brokerage firm in the U.S. with nearly 400 Agency Partner locations globally. We are a committed network of entrepreneurs dedicated to providing specialty insurance programs, risk management services and unique products for an ever-growing market. Our team is comprised of innovative, talented individuals who are the driving force of the success we have experienced and continue to achieve in this fast-paced industry.
As a Data Center Engineer within Acrisure's IT department, you will be tasked with solving the most critical technology challenges the business faces. You will be called on to work collaboratively between IT silos and business functional units to design, deploy, and support Acrisure's technology portfolio. The work you will do is important and will support the tremendous growth that is cementing Acrisure as an industry leader.
What you’ll do:
- Your daily focus will consist of time managing between multiple priorities, including both operational and project workloads. You will be expected to balance your tasks centered around achieving the highest value in a way that best utilizes your time.
- You will support, implement, and oversee initiatives of all sizes. You will play an instrumental role in the design of Acrisure's data center solutions, collaborating cross-functionally with technology architects.
- You will act as a point of escalation for data center related issues working with fellow Data Center teammates or Acrisure IT support to provide top-notch customer service.
- You will take every challenge as an opportunity to innovate. Acrisure's face-paced culture requires keeping a finger on the pulse of the industry, trying new things, and "failing fast". To continue our exponential growth, we need to lead, not follow.
- You will identify ways in which we can optimize technology and process. You understand that these options will align with best practice, and a business case will be needed to relate the need to business objectives.
- You will spend an appropriate amount of time documenting our technology solutions for internal knowledge sharing using both established and new platforms.
- You understand this description is not meant to be all-inclusive and may be modified from time to time at the discretion of management.
Who you’ll work with:
Acrisure's Data Center team supports technology that enables all aspects of the business. As such, team members have the latitude and are expected to interface with other members of IT, our business units, and customers alike to achieve the best outcomes.
Who you are:
- You identify as a critical thinker and problem solver. At Acrisure, we are challenged every day with exciting opportunities to solve some of the most complicated technology problems. An ideal team member enjoys the journey to a solution and doesn't waver until one is found.
- You are able to work independently and enjoy a high degree of interaction with team members. You understand that the best solutions are collaborative.
- You tackle your day in a focused, organized fashion with an acute sense of what matters most. You subscribe to the mantra of less, but better.
- You attack problems with a heightened sense of urgency.
- You maintain an innate drive for continuous improvement. This is both a personal quality as well as a foundational component of your deliverables.
- You understand the importance of new and emerging technology, and the role it could play with differentiating Acrisure.
- You are able to distill down complex techspeak into messaging that is understood by team members outside of IT.
- You understand the importance of knowledge sharing within a team setting and actively pursue lifting up fellow team members and others around you.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree with an Information Technology emphasis strongly preferred.
- 5+ years of Technology experience within a complex IT environment.
- Relevant industry recognized certifications.
- Practical understanding of cloud design and best practices on platforms such as Microsoft Azure and Google Cloud.
- An understanding of the cloud migration “6 R’s” and the rationalization of when each applies.
- Exposure to Microsoft 365 as it relates to enabling Azure services.
- Hands on experience supporting IaaS, PaaS, and serverless workloads.
- Expert knowledge and design sense around Microsoft Windows Active Directory and Azure Active Directory.
- Expert knowledge on storage design concepts leveraging technologies such as Pure and Nimble.
- Practical experience with backup technologies such as Veeam and can speak to design methodologies.
- Expert understanding and design experience with virtualization technologies from both a client-side and server standpoint. Firsthand experience with technologies such as VMware ESX, Microsoft HyperV, VMware Horizon, and Windows Virtual Desktop.
- Experience with Disaster Recovery planning and design with all business systems, people, and assets in consideration.
- Automation focused skillset with proficiency in at least 1 scripting language.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Moderate stress due to regular deadlines and daily challenges.
- High finger dexterity while typing documents and forms
- Occasionally lift up to 20lbs.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job, and reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Work is done in a temperature-controlled, non-smoking office.
- Work stations are cubicles with moderately high sides.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.